It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User
Post bunion and nerve tumor removal + heel spurs!

Hello everyone! I have responded to some posts here but thought I'd tell my whole story to see if any of you wise ones can help me!

On May 20, I had a bunion removed from my right foot. There was bone taken off from the side and top of my toe. A dissolvable pin was put in. While doing that surgery, the doctor found that I had a nerve tumor (morton's neuroma) between my big toe and the second toe, which she removed. While out for bunion removal, received a cortisone shot in my left heel for a spur. After 8 weeks, heel spur is hurting again (actually after 6 weeks). I have a lot of swelling in my right foot still mostly due to the removal of the tumor.

Was in a cast for 3 weeks and now in a hard shoe. Used crutches while in cast. Moved to a cane once in hard shoe for 2 weeks. Can now walk without support but still in hard shoe.

Going to physical therapy 3 times a week for approximately 4 weeks.

Has anyone had a bunion and nerve tumor removed from the same foot? at the same time? I'm still not in a sneaker for my right foot. I need to get it in one soon though as my unnatural gait is causing other problems.

Good luck to everyone and thanks for being there!

[This message has been edited by sawbuck44 (edited 07-25-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread