It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2001, 08:02 AM   #1

stuck HB User
Question Heels going numb......

For the past couple months, my heels have been going numb when I lay down in bed at night. Within 10 minutes, it becomes really annoying. The only thing that helps is to get up and walk around.
This problem seems to be worsening, happening more often; sitting here at my computer right now, I can feel them going numb! What in the hell is wrong with me????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2003, 12:28 PM   #2

chopstix_gal HB User
wondering if u went to a dr. for this or got any info? my heel has been numb since yesterday. it doesnt hurt, nor is it *****ly.
very strange!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #3
(female)

chattyknittykat HB User
Re: Heels going numb......

I'm having the same problem. It started with the back of my heel and the massage therapist said that I have tarsel tunnel syndrome - the tibial tenden is trapped around the ankle. However, now it's spreading and my feet go numb when I walk and when I sit my legs go numb. Don't know what that is about.

Old 11-12-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nscrbug HB User

If your legs are going numb, I would suspect it to be sciatica...which is a nerve that originates in your lower back and runs through the buttocks, down the legs, and into the feet. It's possible that you might have piriformis syndrome - a condition that commonly affects people when they are sitting down - which compresses the sciatic nerve, thus causing the numbness and tingling in the legs. On the other hand, it could also be stemming from a back problem...so either way, it's worth having it checked out by a doc.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I have Tarsal Tunnel in my right foot/ankle, there is an area of numbness on my heel which is like it's frozen. I can't feel anything sharp being rubbed on it. It always stays the same amount of numbness which I think is from the nerve being entraped. Sometimes I get *****ly feelings going on near the numb area. It could be what you have.

I also have herniated lumbar discs so both feet go numb and get more numb as I sit. When I stand up and move around the numbness caused from my back lightens up.

When I lay down I elevate my legs by putting pillows underneath my knees. This helps take the pressure off the spine where the herniation is. I would try pillows like this. I never lay down with both my legs straight out flat anymore, I can't. It causes the lower back to stretch in an unnatural way. I hope this information helps you.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:39 PM   #6
(female)

chattyknittykat HB User

Thanks so much. That's worth looking into.

K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nscrbug View Post
If your legs are going numb, I would suspect it to be sciatica...which is a nerve that originates in your lower back and runs through the buttocks, down the legs, and into the feet. It's possible that you might have piriformis syndrome - a condition that commonly affects people when they are sitting down - which compresses the sciatic nerve, thus causing the numbness and tingling in the legs. On the other hand, it could also be stemming from a back problem...so either way, it's worth having it checked out by a doc.

Closed Thread