It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2003, 09:27 PM   #1

butterfly1530 HB User
Unhappy VERY Sore Feet

I hope someone could shed new light on my problem with a possible personal experience. I've had very sore feet, for almost four years now. I've been to 'all' the different 'kinds' of Doctors, and 'none' of them know what my problem is. I've had every kind of test you can imagine and 'nothing' has shown up! This is so discouraging and frustrating! I'm aat my wits end, and don't know what else to do. They burn, ache, feel like little blisters on my toe pads and balls of my feet, my toes go into contortions (somemtimes) at night when lying in bed. Sometimes they feel like they're burning, other times they feel numb, tingly, cold to me (although not necessarily to the touch), and there is no sensation in them like I used to have. I CAN feel them, but it's sore. Help! Anyone know what I'm talking about, and have you gotten any relief?! I would appreciate hearing back from all of you. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2003, 02:47 PM   #2
(male)

outthere HB User
Did you have an EMG test done on your foot? It's a test to see if any nerves are being pinched in your foot. The tingling, numbness, and burning were signs of tarsal tunnel syndrome on me. I had several doctors tell me it was something else until I seen a foot doctor.

There is a simple test you can do to see if it may be a nerve blocking problem. [url="http://www.efn.org/~opal/paintest.html"]http://www.efn.org/~opal/paintest.html[/url]

Also I use PowerStep inserts in my shoes. The inserts really help too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #3

GWTWfly HB User
I know about your foot pain. I am a runner and experience pain when I go up and down stairs. I am 39 years old. Wondering if I have early symptoms of arthritis.

Old 10-12-2003, 09:06 PM   #4
(female)

all things HB User
Not saying this is your problem, but years ago I read about a woman with such intense pain in her feet that she became wheelchair bound. Somehow she found out to stop the 6 pack of Dr. Pepper she was drinking daily, and her foot pain went away. Lest you think that it's a myth, I told a friend about it since her feet hurt so much, and she drank a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi a day. She stopped the soda, and voila, no more pain in her feet. There are many reasons for foot pain...just adding this in FYI. Good luck.

Closed Thread