It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

Caroline15 HB User
Question Burning ball of feet

Over the last 6 weeks I have been experiencing severe burning on the ball of each foot. I walk for at least 45 mins daily. I have purchased new good quality sneakers - correctly fitted by experienced shoe sales person. The sneakers also have a good quality gel insole fitted. I have tried soaking my feet in a foot bath daily & applying a soothing cream but nothing seems to make any difference. Would appreciate suggestions on what the problem might be or if anyone has had this experience. I have walked for many years, but it is only in the last few weeks that this problem has arisen.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

eyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB Usereyesworld HB User
Re: Burning ball of feet

sounds like a bunion to me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 03:36 AM   #3
(female)

Caroline15 HB User

There is no sign of any bunions - the burning pain is right across the pad (ball) of the foot under the toes. Thank you for your suggestion though.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:15 PM   #4
(female)

NLJ1119 HB User

hello, burning pain can be a sign of RSD. do you also have swelling, and is it sensitive to touch? If so you might want to see a doctor. I had some burning pain after a surgery and my doctor told me it was because of the nerves. hope this helps.

Last edited by NLJ1119; 11-14-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
(female)

Caroline15 HB User
Smile Re: Burning ball of feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ1119 View Post
hello, burning pain can be a sign of RSD. do you also have swelling, and is it sensitive to touch? If so you might want to see a doctor. I had some burning pain after a surgery and my doctor told me it was because of the nerves. hope this helps.
Thanks NLJ1119. Can you tell me what RSD is? There is some swelling & sensitivity which lessens if I rest for several hours with my feet up. Don't have time to do this every day unfortunately. However, I will visit the doctor & have it checked out - but would still like to know what RSD is. Many thanks.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:46 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

angel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB Userangel_bear HB User

This thread intrigued me as I am dealing with the same problem. I did a quick search and found RSD stands for Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy.

Interesting .. thanks for the heads up.

Cheers

Old 11-15-2007, 07:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

I have the burning in my feet, it drives me crazy, I also have fibromyalgia and have concluded it is from that.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #8
(female)

trinigirl HB User

try using flaxseeds in your salads and with your meals it will help with the burning

Old 11-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinigirl View Post
try using flaxseeds in your salads and with your meals it will help with the burning
You know, I actually have heard of that before, but forgot! Thanks for the tip, I am going to get some today!

Sunny

Old 11-15-2007, 10:01 AM   #10
(female)

Caroline15 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Burning ball of feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinigirl View Post
Thanks for the tip on flaxseeds. Will pick some up today & will try this.

Caroline

Old 11-15-2007, 10:13 AM   #11
(female)

2amsb7 HB User
Question Re: Burning ball of feet

Have you considered the possibility of plantar fasciitis? Is it worse in the morning (almost like walking on glass)?

Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
(female)

rush-rulz HB User

Another option is calluses. I've got them on my feet, and they can burn like crazy.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:16 AM   #13
(female)

Caroline15 HB User

Thank you for the suggestion rush-rulz. I don't believe I have callouses - but I intend to check this out with my physician. At the moment I am exploring gluten insensitivity & wonder if this condition has anything to do with all the aches & pains which are increasing. Watch this space!

Old 03-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #14
(female)

lizland HB User

Caroline,

i don't know whether you have resolved your foot issue, however, if i might suggest that you find a board certified podiatrist, he/she will be able to diagnosis your problem much better than a GP.

hope this helps.

-L

Closed Thread