It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2003, 01:09 PM   #1

dtol309 HB User
Unhappy Foot pain wont go away

For about a month and a half I have been having pain inn the bottom of my heel. In the mornings its so bad i can barely walk. My doctor gave me some pills called Baxtril to take and said it would clear up in 2 days. That has been a month ago. I thought maybe it was my shoes,so i tried getting arch supports for them. Neither did that work. Does anyone have any answers on what my foot problem might be?

Old 10-02-2003, 06:25 PM   #2

Willzviewz HB User
No.

Ask your doctor to refer you to a physical therapist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2003, 06:32 PM   #3

kslittledevil HB User
Could be a heel spur. I'm not sure. I would call your dr and tell him/ her about it.

Old 10-06-2003, 01:32 PM   #4
(female)

dizzy572 HB User
Sounds like fascitis. As people age they loose the fat pads in the feet and become prone to that.

Old 10-20-2003, 03:54 PM   #5

jen1225 HB User
You definitely sound like you have plantar facitis(the rubberband like part of your foot that stretches from heal to from as you take strides). I got diagnosed with it about two months ago. It starts very painfully when you first walk in the morning and the pain eases as you walk, but usually reoccurs anytime you sit down and stand up again. First my doc put me on high dosages of painkillers for a month and that didn't work, so I went to a podiatrist. I have gotten two cortizone injections (the first didn't do much for me) I go back to the doctor in about two weeks. If the pain doesn't reside, I have to get surgery (which i hear is very uncommon) U can do stretches and stuff to ease the pain, like going up and down on your toes and I find ice helps too. Hope you pain isn't as bad as mine! good luck

Old 10-24-2003, 07:27 AM   #6
(female)

cajunmommy34 HB User
i have the same problem they say its facitis it hurts so bad in the morning and after i sit if anyone has a cure let me know

Old 10-24-2003, 07:46 AM   #7

supermom802 HB User
If any doctor tells you to get surgery get at least one more opinion. Recovery from foot surgery is not fun. Some doctors treat surgery as being minor because they perform the same surgeries every week. It may be minor to a doctor, but the recovery is tough. I know --I went through a bilateral bunionectomy 2 years ago and now I had a bunionectomy becuse the first time did not work. Good luck!

Old 10-26-2003, 12:09 PM   #8

shay24 HB User
dtol309,
I don't know much about heel pain, but I do know alot about foot pain. I had a failed bunionectomy 2 yrs. ago, and after going to three more doctors and having constant pain, I am going to have corrective surgery on the 31st. I have finally found a doctor that listens to me and doesn't try to blow me off with some quick fix. I have learned through all of this that it is very important to find a doctor that you like and can trust, no matter how many doctors you have to go through to find the right one. It also doesn't matter how good their reputation is if they don't work for you. The doctor that screwed my foot up had a great reputation. I would also follow supermom's tip about getting a second opinion, and then go with your gut. Never ignore your instincts if you feel something is wrong-doctors don't know everything.

Old 10-28-2003, 06:32 PM   #9
(female)

star1350 HB User
I also have pain in the bottom of my heel, which the doc called Achilles tendonitis. I had some physical therapy a year ago, which helped somewhat. I was fitted for a night splint, but I don't wear it that often, as I can't sleep well with it on. About two weeks ago, my new doctor gave me a thing called an "Aircast" to wear. It is wonderful. I have no pain in the heel AT ALL when I'm wearing it!

Good luck!

Old 11-07-2003, 01:46 AM   #10

Sewfee HB User
While at the physical therapist with my husband after his knee replacement surgery, I ask what was wrong with my heels. They also hurt badly when I first get up. She told me to stretch them for a few minutes each day. In a few days, my heel stopped hurting completely. They will hurt again if I stop stretching for a couple of days.
You can do this in bed or sitting. Straighten your legs an point your toes toward you as hard as you can, and hold it a few minutes. If done correctly, you will feel the stretch from the back of your knees down. Repeat this several times during the day.

Old 11-25-2003, 07:13 AM   #11

Angela2932 HB User
Re: Foot pain wont go away

Hi,
Your question prompted me to immediately register to these boards. Run, do not walk (as if we could) to the [url]www.heelspurs.com[/url] website. It's an excellent board on plantar fasciitis (sometimes known as heelspurs, but not completely the same thing.) You will find mountains of advice. Especially read the "heel pain book" included on the site. Conservative treatment is extremely important to avoid long-term problems. Lots of great posters on the site, including some very kind podiatrists who will try and answer your questions. Good luck! Angela

Old 11-26-2003, 03:13 PM   #12

roge0001 HB User
Wink Re: Foot pain wont go away

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtol309
For about a month and a half I have been having pain inn the bottom of my heel. In the mornings its so bad i can barely walk. My doctor gave me some pills called Baxtril to take and said it would clear up in 2 days. That has been a month ago. I thought maybe it was my shoes,so i tried getting arch supports for them. Neither did that work. Does anyone have any answers on what my foot problem might be?

It is a heel spur! I've had them since after my pregancy with my 6 year old. They hurt like heck and yes in the morning you can barely walk and thand goodness you can after about 5 minutes but it still hurts. Take motrin or advil before bed and it will help that a little bit. I had them diagnosed 6 years ago by Xray at a foot dr and I had cortisone injections (worse than labor) and arch supports which helped a lot for about 6 months but I have been suffering with them ever since. Go to a foot doctor and if you can stand about 45 seconds of the worst pain in your life you can feel much better for a while. I think I will have to have surgery eventually because I don't think I can stand injections again. I am a person who tollerates pain quite well but take my word for it - it is very painful for only a few months of help!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-27-2003, 07:23 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

Rick7799 HB User
Re: Foot pain wont go away

Sounds like a heel spur. They key is how sore it is in the morning. That is how mine was. I got orthodics and they made a world of a difference. Read my answer on this board with the subject heal spurs. Good luck. I know it hurts like heck.

Closed Thread