It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 09:13 AM   #1
(female)

eowyn HB User
Painful and hot feet at night

I don't think it's restless leg syndrome.

It started a few years back during the summer my feet would get really hot so I would stick them out the bed. Last summer it was so bad I even had the fan pointed at my feet during the night.

Then last year when autumn came the hot feet continued and have continued ever since.

Then this spring the pain started.

So now I have both hot and painful feet at night.

I went to the doctors and he told me to go to the chiropodist which I can't afford to do. I'm ****** off because the so-called great NHS won't pay for me. I'm 35. The NHS will pay for pensioners and those with diabetes, regardless of whether they're millionaires.

the NHS was set up for poor people, so it should be about income not what conditions you have.

Anyway I can't afford to see a chiropodist and my doctor won't do anything else until I have.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

sylvianne HB User
Re: Painful and hot feet at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by eowyn View Post
I don't think it's restless leg syndrome.

It started a few years back during the summer my feet would get really hot so I would stick them out the bed. Last summer it was so bad I even had the fan pointed at my feet during the night.

Then last year when autumn came the hot feet continued and have continued ever since.

Then this spring the pain started.

So now I have both hot and painful feet at night.

I went to the doctors and he told me to go to the chiropodist which I can't afford to do. I'm ****** off because the so-called great NHS won't pay for me. I'm 35. The NHS will pay for pensioners and those with diabetes, regardless of whether they're millionaires.

the NHS was set up for poor people, so it should be about income not what conditions you have.

Anyway I can't afford to see a chiropodist and my doctor won't do anything else until I have.

So any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi There I too suffer from what you have
I went to my GP 3 times and he just felt for the pulse in my feet and sent me for diabetic tests which returned as negative. I am ****** off too because 3 times I went to see him about it over the years and 3 times he just did the same thing and because my ankle pulse was fine he has not attempted to investigate any further and now like yourself I have pain also the only difference between our symptoms is that through the day my feet feel like lumps of ice and wearing warm socks and slippers dont do anything at all and at night like yourself suffer with burning feet that keep me awake and sometimes I have to run them under the shower to cool them.
kind regards
sylvianne

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

1sunny1 HB User1sunny1 HB User
Re: Painful and hot feet at night

Eowyn and Sylvianne, I went thru what you are both going thru for 8 years with the hot feet, it used to drive me crazy, at night while watching T.V., I would put ice on them and during the night, I would get up and run cold water on them, I couldn't sleep because my feet were so hot, I was miserable. I went thru 4 or 5 doctors before I was sent to pain mamagement after being diagnosed with fibromyalgia, my doc put me on neurontin and cymbalta, the cymbalta for pain and depression, keep in mind I am not depressed, but the misery I was going thu made me depressed, the meds worked wonders for me, no more hot feet, and after a while, the neurontin didn't work, so now I am on Lyrica and cymbalta, It is a miracle drug, I can't believe how well it works, absolutely no more hot feet. The only problem is, I am gaining wait like crazy, so now I am in a tough spot, keep feeling better and keep gaining weight, not sure what to do, I joined a gym to see if I can't get the weight off, I am determined, because it just feels so good not to have burning feet. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone, ask your doc about neurontin, and does he believe in fibrmyalgia....Good luck

Sunny

Last edited by 1sunny1; 02-12-2008 at 07:57 AM.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
(female)

sylvianne HB User
Wink Re: Painful and hot feet at night

Sunny thanks for your reply I am going back to see him again and shall put it to him about these tablets you have been taking. I shall go nuts if it carries on for much longer. Thank you again, you have given me hope at last.
kind
regards
sylvianne

The Following User Says Thank You to sylvianne For This Useful Post:
Feorais (08-03-2012)
Closed Thread