It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Ankle Arthroscopy recovery time

In the case of a simple arthroscopy and cleaning, no major repairs to bones or ligaments, just removal of scar tissue, what is recovery like?

Specifically, how long did you need to stay home with foot propped up all day? How long until I could possibly return to my sedentary half-day job? How long until you were walking reasonably well? And how long to get back to sports?

This is the latest treatment that my doctors have proposed, and I think I'm going to do it unless I get way better real soon, but now I'm trying to figure out the "little" matters of when to do it and how to deal with the rest of my life during recovery.

All you folks on Foot Disorders rock, you have stuck with me through multiple diagnoses and all kinds of stress.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:33 AM   #2
(female)

mazzie46 HB User
Re: Ankle Arthroscopy recovery time

Hi Jane

I'm having an arthroscopy on Thurs so i'll let you know. I've already had quite major surgery on my foot for flatfoot, pttd and an OCD. I'm still having problems though with the OCD site, so he is going in to have a look and clean out all the loose bits. I've been told its a quick recovery as i am going to Spain 9 days after, and OS said thats no problem. One week-ish with crutches again, and maybe first 2 or 3 days resting it elevated. Hopefully!!!! I'll let you know.

Mazzie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 05:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

2-3 days at home and a week or so on crutches? That sounds pretty easy. (After what I've already been through with this ankle, my crutchin' muscles are cords of solid steel!)

All the surgeon said was 7-10 days "off my foot," then I would able to slowly begin weight-bearing again. I have no fear of crutches, but taking a full week or more off from work anytime in the next few months would be problematic. If what you said holds for me, scheduling should not be a problem.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
(female)

mazzie46 HB User

Hey Jane

Said i would let you know about my arthroscopy. I had it yesterday, had a load of scar tissue cut out, and a general clean. I am PWB on crutches for one week. Although i will say i had pain killers last night and early this morning, i don't feel i need them now. Its just a little bit sore, but to be honest i could walk without crutches...but will do as i am told for a week. Lol

Hope this helps. Good luck

Mazzie

Closed Thread