It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #1
(female)

tanyasparks HB User
partial achilles tendon tear...anyone else?

Hey all,
It's been a long time since I've been on here. A little bit of back story. About 2yrs. ago, I had a haglund's deformity removal and a bursectomy. It took a long long time to heal but eventually did. The recovery was almost 9months before I was pain free and feeling good. I'm glad I did it now but while I was going through it, I didn't know what to think. Now, after a just simply stepping down a step on my porch, I have a partial achilles tendon rupture. It isn't too awfully painful unless I try to flex my ankle. Saw the ortho today and he set it in a cast boot with it extended by keeping heel wedges in the boot. I have to go back and have it re-evaluated in two weeks. Anyone else here have that problem and any idea what to expect from the recovery? Anyone else have a previous achilles type surgery and then have an achilles rupture? Just looking for someone else who has had this.

Happy Healing
Tanya

Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 AM   #2
(female)

tanyasparks HB User
Re: partial achilles tendon tear...anyone else?

bump bump..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: partial achilles tendon tear...anyone else?

Tanya,

I too have a partial achilles tear and also degenerated tissue. I'm going to have a reconstruction done on March 17th where they may have to take additional tendon out of my big toe to rebuild it. I've been dealing with this since last Jul/Aug, getting injections and such. I finally got someone to do a MRI and it showed the tear.

I'm concerned about the cast because I have "hot feet". I just read a post about cast caustrophobia and I may have that as well. We will see how it goes, please keep me informed on your progress.

WIshes,

Cathy

Closed Thread