It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 07:11 PM   #1
(male)

sfoda415 HB User
Question I have been having the problem of a swollen left foot...

Hi, I have been having the problem of a swollen left foot for about a year now. There is no pain in the foot and according to my doctor, after listening with his stethoscope, my artery is pumping blood very well and is working just fine. I do take HCTZ and CC, for high blood pressure, but he said that was not the cause. My foot does not stay swollen all the time, but comes on and then stays swollen for a number of days then seems to go away for a few days, then swells back up. I too keep it elevated as much as I can and it does help. It has been a concern for me and each time I visit my doctor I have him look at it, but get the same answer. Everything’s fine. Then about 3 weeks ago it swelled up to twice the size it ever had been. Being a little worried I went in to the emergency room and had the same grilling (questions) by the E-room doctor there as my doctor did early on. Then he sent me to have an ultrasound done. Results came back while I was there that I had no clots in my artery or behind the knee, and that everything was clear, and the blood is pumping just fine. He did make a remark that the ultrasound showed that I had two arteries in the left leg where most people only have one. Not sure what to make of that, but he told me not to worry. Anyway, they could not explain why I only have one swollen foot or why I’m having this problem. Been at square one for a year now; is there a doctor out there that just knows about medical foot problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread