It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

akirka HB User
Nerve problems after ankle surgery

I'm sure a lot of you have had numbness, tingling sensations after foot surgery. I'm 8 weeks out from and OATS talar dome procedure and I have a lot of numbness that hasn't changed since the surgery. The entire top of my foot is numb except the pinkie toe which they say is a different nerve. My foot is also numb between my big and 2nd toe which is a deeper nerve affected. Below my big toe I have a red spot that changes color and is highly sensitive. It's almost like a raw nerve there and is radiates burning/pins and needles sensations all over my foot. Anyone experience this and has it resolved over time?

Abby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Nerve problems after ankle surgery

Usually it does get better with time--about one month for every inch between the surgery site and the affected area, so it could be longer before you notice improvement.

Do keep in touch with your surgeon about this, though.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

taterbug HB User
Re: Nerve problems after ankle surgery

I had a Bronstrom Gould performed on my ankle about six years ago. In total, it was operated on three times. The nerves have never been the same but have gotten better over time. At one point the doctor had me taking Neurontin for the nerves. Give it time but if it continues to be very bothersome, talk to your doctor.

Closed Thread