| | I have some questions.... what is normal?
Ok. Since I can't seem to get a straight answer out of my doctor, maybe you all could give me some help. Yes, I *know* that everyone heals differently. But, there has to be some sort of general consensus as to when things *should* happen, *should* be normal. All I get is "eventually", which doesn't help me at all. There has to be a way that you can determine "This isn't normal."
1) When should pain stop in the foot after you have the surgery?
2) How long before you seek a second opinion?
3) When does swelling subside in the big toe and bunion joint area?
4) How long before internal scarring stops creating that tight band/strapped feeling across the toe and joint?
5) When does the toe regain mobility? When does the stiffness go away?
6) When do you fit back into normal shoes?(Maybe not your original size, maybe the next size up...without it being painful or constricting.)
7) When does the scar stop looking brown, puffed, hard, and ugly? (I've used Mederma, Neosporin, Vitamin E)
8) When does the bruised feeling behind the other four toes stop? (When I do the flex and bend motions the bruising comes back as well as the pain.)
9) When does the sesamoid pain go away? (Behind the ball of your foot...one of the reasons I did this surgery.)
I have done everything that I was told to do, exactly the way I was supposed to do it. I have iced, taken pain meds, done ROM exercises, etc.
Thanks for the help.