I've been on this site forever reading all about the procedures and recovery times, SO it's my time to contribute to someone who may have been in position
On Friday, I underwent hammertoe and taylor's bunion surgery. So far so good. I am still bandaged, but swelling does not seem bad at all! Here's what I've experienced up to this point:
1. Surgery Friday 3/28 on 8 little toes, no pins
2. Kept feet elevated and iced for first 3 days (and continue to do so, but not as aggressively)
3. Took Vicodine for first 2 days
4. So far, taking it easy & monitoring feet swelling. Walking around in this surgical boot thing.
5. Stitches come out next Wed 4/9
I haven't had a bad amount of pain. I would say from 1-10, it was a 3. The only thing that is uncomfortable at this point is the stitches! The pulling feeling is driving me nuts! I can't wait to get them out.
I do have a few questions for those of you who have undergone this:
1. Scarring. After reading the posts, I am terrified of seeing my feet after getting my stitches taken out. I plan on buying Merderma. However, as an AA woman - I know that my scars may be pretty dark. Any suggestions?
2. Running - when should I be able to return to the gym? Any recommendations for working out while I'm down?
3. Stitches. I have never had stitches before now and I am terrified of getting them taken out. Does it hurt? Is it a pulling feeling? What should I expect?
I hope to hear from you all!