It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

lcweiden3132 HB User
Exercises for foot post bunion surgery

I've looked through *most* of this board's postings (lots of postings!) and can't seem to find this question....

I have been bending/flexing the toe, doing the towel scrunch thing, manually moving the toe with my hands, massage, etc. I have found that the other four toes, beneath them in the main part of the foot, is bruised feeling and sore. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering why this is since nothing was done to those toes...only the bunion and big toe. Any answers for this??

Old 04-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
(female)

armykat HB User
Re: Exercises for foot post bunion surgery

I really couldn't say for sure, but I do know that all the toes share two ligaments that hold them in place, in relation to one another. That's why, when you have a bunion, the big toe starts to move; the bunion is pulling the toe one way, but the ligaments are pulling it another direction. So, I'm assuming that when you're pulling on the big toe, the others might be affected by the shared connections.

Please remember that I'm posting as a total layperson and that I could be completely wrong! But that is pretty much how my doc explained it to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

cuneva HB User
Re: Exercises for foot post bunion surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcweiden3132 View Post
I've looked through *most* of this board's postings (lots of postings!) and can't seem to find this question....

I have been bending/flexing the toe, doing the towel scrunch thing, manually moving the toe with my hands, massage, etc. I have found that the other four toes, beneath them in the main part of the foot, is bruised feeling and sore. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm wondering why this is since nothing was done to those toes...only the bunion and big toe. Any answers for this??
It sounds you have more lucky than some of us. I had a spur removed on my big toe. I bothered me when I used some shoes, but I was able to walk on mountains for 3 hours without pain. The doctor promised me it was simple and I could wear my pretty working shoes without a pain for no less than ten years. It has been four months since the surgery and now I can not walk one step without severe continous pain. My big toe is sitff and cannot bend it upward. The surgeon is ignoring me and told me I may just have arthritis and he could do another surgery. He is not taking responsibility and release from his care like I am perfect now. I feel frustrated, depressed as I cannot wear any shoes only the orthopedic one and with pain. If I would know this or if he would explain to me this results I will never had that surgery. His promise was a lied to get money.
It seems you will be fine.

Closed Thread