It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 05:36 AM   #1
(female)

Teddie2 HB User
Sharp Pain on inside of my ankle when weight bearing

I am recovering from bunion surgery and for the last 5 weeks have been walking in a surg shoe that puts all the weight on the back of my foot. Yesterday I took a step and suddenly got a sharp pain in the joint on the inside of my ankle. I thought it would go away but it has not and is extremely painful with every step. I tried wrapping it with an ace bandage but nothing helps. I will call my doc today but I am so upset because I have been moving along pretty good to finally walk in a shoe this week and I am concerned about what I might have done.
Anyone else have this problem? At this point the only way I can walk would be with crutches.. if it is a tendon.. that takes forever to heal!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User
Re: Sharp Pain on inside of my ankle when weight bearing

Oh, Teddy, I am so sorry. I hope it's nothing serious. Let us know what the doc says.

Last edited by emmie54; 04-24-2008 at 09:16 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 09:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Have you tried rubbing and gently stretching the calf muscles? That might help, if it's a minor thing.

Old 04-24-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
(female)

Teddie2 HB User

I called my doc who is away till monday but spoke to one of his associates..she said without my being there hard to say but it sounds like a problem with the tibial tendon. THis surg shoe puts all the pressure on the heel and ankle and I think I may have strained the tendon or tore it partially or fully.. I cannot put any weight on the foot at all .. if my doc was here I would go to him today or tomorrow but since he is not I guess I will have to stay off my feet till Monday and go to see him then.. may need an MRI to see if the tendon is torn.. I am sooooo frustrated because this can set me back weeks and then the complication of recovering from the bunion.. I have no idea of the implications --I am already looking at crutches because I have to be mobile... this is nuts!
Thanks for listening

Closed Thread