It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
(female)

littlebit67 HB User
Question How long is a typical bunion scar?

Before I had my surgery I was worried about a large scar on the top of my foot. My doctor assured me that the scar wouldn't be very large and the scar would fade in time. Well, during surgery he severed the tendon and now I have a larger scar than normal. My question is......
How long is a typical bunion scar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

lcweiden3132 HB User
Re: How long is a typical bunion scar?

My scar is a good 2 inches long, extending from the base of the first joint to the base of what was the bunion. It is also on the top. What I wasn't expecting is that my doctor slit the skin across the join to allow for easy removal of the pins. So, instead of a nice straight line, I have the letter "t"...nice huh? And, the center of where the two lines meet is still there, still hard, still raise, and still tender. It doesn't allow for downward movement of my toe.

I'm hoping over time that this will shrink and fade, but I"m starting to have my doubts......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #3
(female)

MsTammy HB User
Re: How long is a typical bunion scar?

Both of mine are about 3 inches long. It goes from the crease of my toe knuckle to about an inch below where the bunions were. Both scars are the same size. Coincidentally, I just compared them a little bit ago! I had one foot last April and the other 5 weeks ago. The scar from last year, in the right light, sometimes can barely be seen! It heeled SO nicely. I have a feeling the new scar isn't going to be so pretty since I had regular stitches this year but steri-strips last year.

Closed Thread