It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

dinkles HB User
Unhappy Post plantar fibroma excision x3-PLEASE HELP

I am in desparate need of any info I can find. I have searched the web and found nothing on what I can expect post surgery for removal of plantar fibromas. I already had the surgery and am on day 15 post surgery. The first week virtually no pain. Now painful spasm-like feeling on bottom of foot in surgery site area and can't get a hold of my doctor to see if this is a normal thing or not. I am frustrated and worried that something may be seriously wrong. I am obsessed about finding an answer to this. Has anyone here had this surgery and, if so, what did you experience afterwards?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #2
(female)

discovery11 HB User
Re: Post plantar fibroma excision x3-PLEASE HELP

Hi; I had plantar fibroma excision on May 8th, as well, have had a time trying to find out more... Initially for the first 3 weeks lots of different pain, ranging from shooting pains, to what felt like electric shocks, twinges.
I have numbness in between my big toe a second toe, as well the ball of my foot. I noticed the pain increasing in the ball of my foot, went to a Dr and now on Antibiotics and feel an improvement. I am still non weight bearing, spend most of my day on the sofa with my foot up. as per his instructions. I go back to him in 2 weeks for assessment. I also notice that I do not have a good range of motion in my toes and they feel very stiff. I do wiggle them lots.. I wear a pressure stocking during the day and when up have an air-cast as well. Found the best way to get around the house is pushing myself around on a computer chair.
Easier than the crutches.
Not sure if this will give you any help or not.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
(female)

discovery11 HB User
Re: Post plantar fibroma excision x3-PLEASE HELP

Hi; I had plantar fibroma excision on May 8th, as well, have had a time trying to find out more... Initially for the first 3 weeks lots of different pain, ranging from shooting pains, to what felt like electric shocks, twinges.
I have numbness in between my big toe a second toe, as well the ball of my foot. I noticed the pain increasing in the ball of my foot, went to a Dr and now on Antibiotics and feel an improvement. I am still non weight bearing, spend most of my day on the sofa with my foot up. as per his instructions. I go back to him in 2 weeks for assessment. I also notice that I do not have a good range of motion in my toes and they feel very stiff. I do wiggle them lots.. I wear a pressure stocking during the day and when up have an air-cast as well. Found the best way to get around the house is pushing myself around on a computer chair.
Easier than the crutches.
Not sure if this will give you any help or not.

Closed Thread