It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008, 06:02 AM   #1
(female)

itsanewme HB User
"and I be dancing in my boot"

went to an outdoor concert yesterday and I was dancing in my boot!
There was another girl in a wheelchair due to knee surgery, another with a cane - ppl kept taking our pictures together cos we were all up on that dance floor! It was a fun day and just what I needed to get out of my surgery slump - 2 more days and I can wear sneakers! (although I wont be dancing in them until I feel comfortable)

Old 06-29-2008, 07:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: "and I be dancing in my boot"

Sounds great!

I remember when I was on a cane last winter, and went to a social event at a church. There was another lady there who walked with a cane, and we were sitting together near the aisle, dishing. Then this other person I know very slightly came in. She's had a very high leg amputation, maybe a hip disarticulation, and she uses crutches full-time, no prosthesis. She came in, then crutched sideways down the narrow space between pews. We were like, "Wow, you are good."

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Dancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB UserDancinboots HB User

Wow!! that's what I need to be doing. I have been in 2 boots for a little over a month now ( 2 different procedures on opposite feet....mortons neuroma surgery on left, and hammertoe surgery on right)) I am hoping to get rid of them next week.

I teach a line dance class that I have not been able to do this summer (thankfully I have someone filling in while I am gone). This evening I am going to a park to listen & watch (boring) a really good country band that I love.

It's going to be very difficult to just sit there. Maybe I will do what you did and get up and dance a little. My pod would probably kill me, but it would sure feel great to get back to some normal activities. How long before you are out of your boot?

Old 06-29-2008, 09:04 AM   #4
(female)

itsanewme HB User

I only have another 2 days in this boot
Doc told me the other day to start wearing a sneaker around the house. This Tues he wants me in sneakers all the time.
It almost feels like Im dependent on the boot now - feel alot more secure in it than in the sneaker. It will take me a while before Im "dancing in my sneaker" lol
Good luck - it does feel good and NO Im not telling my doc!

Old 06-29-2008, 10:14 AM   #5
(female)

dinkles HB User

I'm so glad you were able to get out and dance in your boot. You will soon be back to dancing in your sneakers as well. I got very dependent on my boot and had to slowly start wearing my shoes again. Now, honestly, I am more comfortable in my shoes. Walking is a challenge. Don't do too much too fast. Really DON'T. Take small slow steps. You might feel like your leg is spaghetti and your ankle may feel really weak so be careful. I tripped my first day back in my shoes and almost broke open my whole incision (thankfully, it was just a tiny spot opened up at the one end). But, I am so happy for you that come Tuesday you can get back to something "normal". Take it easy and let us know how you do.

Closed Thread