It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 AM   #1
(female)

smeebee HB User
Pain in foot arch and lower leg pain - plantar fasicitis?

Hi

I ahave developed pain in both soles/arches of my feet/ankle and lower legs (sometimes knees too). I have looked at the soles of my shoes and they appear to be wearing in the inside so I think that my feet may be rolling in. The pain has got much worse since I have started walking more (I recently bought a dog). The pain is worst in the morning when I get out of bed. Does this sound like plantar fasicitis?

Old 07-10-2008, 06:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User
Re: Pain in foot arch and lower leg pain - plantar fasicitis?

The "first thing in the morning" pain does sound like PF but the rolling in you are noticing sounds like pronation which can be associated with PTT issues. This can cause a pain in the arch on the inside of the foot and it can travel up the inside of the leg a ways. Can you be a little more specific as to the location of the pain? Is it one foot or both? Are your feet flat or flatter than they once were?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #3
(female)

smeebee HB User

Hi

The pain is even on both feet. Unfortunately, I have gained weight over the years and my feet do appear to be flatter than they once were. If you look at my ankles from behind they do not appear particularly straight. The pain is mainly in the arch but it radiates up my legs. If you prod the muscles in the arch it hurts. Does this help?

Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User

It still sort of fits both conditions. PF usually presents equally in both feet. PTT can be in both feet but typically one foot is worse than the other. It's not uncommon to have one fixed only to have the other go bad shortly thereafter. Your flattening arch and pronation (foot turning in) is indicative of PTT but you really need to be evaluated by a foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeon. It may require an MRI to diagnose you. Just depends on how you respond to certain tests he/she will perform during the examination.

Let us know how things turn out and welcome to the board :=)

Old 07-11-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
(female)

smeebee HB User

Thanks - I have made an poointment for next week so will let you know.

Closed Thread