It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2008, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

mlegare HB User
why would my foot be sore by the bone on the side of my foot?

The bone on the side of my foot that goes to my little toe is sore. It is only sore when I step on it or put pressure on it. It is not painful or anything, I have had this before where it gets sore and than it goes away, what would cause this?

Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
(female)

forevergimpy HB User
Re: why would my foot be sore by the bone on the side of my foot?

The peroneal tendon that has an insertion point there so it could be that. Or, that is a common place for stress fractures. Have you seen a doc regarding this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
(male)

mlegare HB User

No I have not seen a doctor yet, what do they do if it's a stress fracture.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #4
(female)

shelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB User

stress fracture would put you on 6-8 weeks rest, no running. and probably into a walking boot if you can't walk without pain. it's basically a broken bone, and bone heals at a physiological rate. rest rest rest.

Old 09-08-2008, 05:43 PM   #5
(female)

cosmic1 HB User

After bunion surgery, that area of my foot became incredibly sore.
It was on the side of my little toe too.
That area can have a small bunionette problem.
Does the side of the foot have a small bump right below the small toe ?
I believe that my problem happened because I was walking in my post surgical boot for three months and was kind of walking on that side of my foot.
It was sooo painful worse than anything that I had to overcome with the surgery.
However, it resolved itself and I have no problem now.
If you have a bump on the side, it is probably getting inflammed at times as you put pressure on it ( shoe or whatever).
Check it out with a podiatrist.................

Old 09-08-2008, 05:59 PM   #6
(female)

Ninarbo HB User

On sep 11 it will be 2 months since my bunion surgery, I thought i was the only one with pain on the side of my foot, It hurts so bad sometimes it is almost impossible to walk. I still cannot put on a sneaker yet. I tryed to wear my sandle today, It hurts to have anyting rub against or lay on the scar from my bunion surgery? Has anyone had a problem like this? I put gauze over my scar to help ease the pain, I work at an elementary school therefore I am on my feet allday long. I have been wearing my surgical shoe, But being on my feet with the shoe hurt my heel because on top of all my other foot problems I have a really bad heel spur, So by the timw I get home from work I really cant do to much because the side of my foot hurts so bad I cant walk, Not to mentiion the spur on the bottom of my heel. So if anyone has advice for me that would be great. Thanks

Closed Thread