It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #1
(female)

Ninarbo HB User
Foot still hurts 2 months after surgery

On thursday the 11th it will be 2 months since i had my bionion surgery and i am still in pain, I tryed to put on a sneaker but it wouldnt go on because my foot is still swollen. Now i am having pain on the side of my foot just below my pinky toe. Sometimes it hurts so bad on the side of my foot i cant walk. I also have a bad heel spur on the bottom of my heel so that dosent help with walking. I work in an elementary school so I am on my foot allday. I went to see mydr 2 wks ago and he told me to buy a sneaker, But what he dosent understand is I cant get any sneaker on. Also the top of my foot where the scar is from my surgery is also tender at times, I tryed to put a sandle on but i had to put gauze over the top of my foot to cover the surgical site. I guess i thought i would be back on my treadmill by now, but i cant even get a sneaker on. Has anyone had this problem? Also any ideas why the side of my foot hurts? Thanks for your time sorry this is so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Janesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB User
Re: Foot still hurts 2 months after surgery

I'm sorry you are having pain. From what I've read on this board, some people experience swelling months after surgery. My doctor told me to stay off my foot as much as possible for the first few weeks or I may have swelling months after. You may have been the perfect patient and elevated your foot a lot, but it sounds like you may be on your feet a lot now, and two months isn't a long time healing wise. My one guess about the pain on the side of your foot is you might be putting weight on that side to avoid putting weight on the surgery side. I noticed I definitely avoided putting weight on my whole foot, and it took me awhile to notice I was doing it. Call your doctor and ask about the swelling. Is there any way to not be on your feet a lot at work? Hope you feel better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2008, 05:21 PM   #3
(female)

Gnocchi HB User

I'm sorry you're in so much pain! I've had some swelling problems too and FINALLY I found some aravon sandals -- they have velcro straps on top so you can adjust them to your feet throughout the day. Sometimes it's either that or the big black boot, ya know?

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 09-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

your foot sounds so sensitive. i am just wondering if you can wear an open toe compression sock? that totally helps with swelling. i think i got mine from the dr.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #5
(female)

badfeet51 HB User

well i had surgery march, april, and sept for the same correction and not sure yet if it has taken. I stay off my foot all i can and I mean ALL I can My sofa and my recliner and I have become very best friends. However, i may be much older than you and have no little ones at home so I can do this relatively easy. Also, I don't even get up to cook and etc. My husband either does it or we order in and he picks up on his way home from work. My only shoes that worked were Birkenstocks because they have a pretty wide toe block and Crocs. While neither are very attractive they did work. Also, I had an old pair of Teva sandals with Velcro and they actually did the best I think. But, I hardly ever have put on a shoe since March. In a air cast now and I keep feet up high and use ice. If you are up a lot during day try being down and still chilling with ice at night. Sorry you hurt and wish I coudl help.

Closed Thread