It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

mena waugh HB User
what is a sharp piercing pain in the foot under the toes and comes and goes

what is a sharp piercing pain in the foot under the toes and comes and goes

Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: what is a sharp piercing pain in the foot under the toes and comes and goes

Could be a Morton's Neuroma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 09:46 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

gbeach HB User

Titchou,
have a question for you. could you tell me how your recovery went again on the chelectomy. Could you walk on both feet, how long til everything felt normal again.
I want to thank you again, I have a second appointment with a ortho on tuesday, that
studied under Dr. Goulds and has done several NBA players. Just wondering what to expect. Mainly just see horror stories on here
gbeach

Old 12-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I walked out of the surgery center with a surgical shoe and crutches. Ditched the crutches about 2 days later. Off work from Wed till Monday. Stitches out at 2 weeks, stil lin surgical shoe for about another 5-7 days then clog type Merrell's. Pain meds for maybe 2-3 days then just Aleve....no, it was Vioxx still. Then Aleve when they took it off the market. Recovery was very linear...in other words, better every day - no set backs. REgular shoes (low heels, flats, sandals) at about 8-10 weeks. Jogged at 8 months but could have done it a lot sooner. Shaquille O'Neal was back playing at about 10-12 weeks after having his in 2002. Don't know the extent of his problems though.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

gbeach HB User

Thanks Titchou. I hope mine goes as well as yours did. I am 43 and can't
believe I am going to have to do this.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:17 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

geggar HB User

I keep hearing others say they should always go to the orthopaedic surgeon that takes care of the NBA teams. Just remember that it was podiatric surgeons who took care of Shaquille O'neal and Michael Jordan. The problem with going to the group that takes care of the pro teams is that it is usually a very large group that has bought the rights to take care of the team. They may be good but don't believe for a minute that there isn't a financial component in many of the arrangements. Why do you think that many of the pros go to Georgia or Colorado for their surgeries and not the team doctors. They know what is going on.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:26 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Actually, they come to Birmingham for Drs Andrews and Lemak. But I have many friends who have been to them as well... I used their top foot doc, John Gould, when they were all still in practice together. Still go to him even though he is in a different group now. Andrews and Lemak have since parted ways. But they are both here and still practicing. One friend had both rotator cuffs done by Andrews this year. And friend of mine goes to the Cardinal's foot doc in Phoenix and has no problems getting in to see him. I doubt a foot doc - ortho or pod - gets enough business out of a single basketball team to keep them in practice. My uncle was Alabama's team ortho for a couple of decades and I assure you he needed other patients to stay in practice!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

geggar HB User

My bad, Alabama is correct. One of my classmates also practiced there for a couple years. You are right, they all have their regular practices in addition to being the team doctors.

Closed Thread