It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

diane8961 HB User
swelling after foot surgery

I had surgery on the top of my foot a month ago. I had a bone spur scraped and a nerve blocked. It is still swelled. I have worn the constriction sock during the day as prescribed, but it is still swelling. I figured it would be healed by now, but I guess I was wrong. Should I be concerned?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: swelling after foot surgery

The swelling can last a long time if it's foot surgery that affects bones. Keep it propped up whenever practical. How much pain are you having walking around when it isn't too swollen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2009, 05:45 AM   #3
(female)

diane8961 HB User

It aches more than hurts. I had plantar fascitis on the left foot at the same time and that one is pretty well healed already. The top of my foot is sore to the touch.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:51 AM   #4
(female)

shelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB Usershelleybutn HB User

foot surgeries can swell up to 6-8 months!

Old 03-31-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
(female)

diane8961 HB User

I guess the Dr. forgot to tell me that. Thanks. I won't worry so much then.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 PM   #6
(female)

bralady38 HB User

It will be 4 weeks on Friday since my bunion surgery and my big toe is still painful. I don't know why but I haven't put a lot of weight on that foot. I know that soon it will be time to start putting on a shoe, but some reason it frightens me. I actually put my foot in my moms pool and it felt really great. I am supposed to go back to work at the end of April but I am not sure that will be enough time to wear a shoe and be comfortable in it. I even bought a pair of clogs but haven't tried to put it on my right foot yet. Can anyone tell me how long my big toe will feel normal again, my patience is not one of my virtues

Old 04-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
(female)

my sore feet HB User

It is very necessary to work your toe at this point, if you don't it will lose mobility and you won't get it back. You have to endure the pain during the rehab there is not an easy way to get movement back except to work it. I'm 2mos. post op from a cheilectomy and it's still sore. I'm always bending it and trying to pick up things with my toes to exercise my big toe. It doesn't do your toe any good to not exercise it, it will continue to get stiffer every day.
Good luck, hope this helps.
Brenda

Closed Thread