It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
(male)

infinex HB User
Red face Plantar wart help

hI idk if this is the right place to ask this but i recently had a plantar wart on the bottom of my foot. My doctor gave me a treatment that involved putting one of those cushions on it and filling it w/ this waxy acid stuff. The wart finally fell off after the skin had died(i kinda helped it along by peeling it) and now there is just a big white spot where it was. i touched a few parts of my body (not many) but can i spread it to where i touched. and is my foot going to develop a new wart??? please help!!!!

Old 04-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
(male)

Wumbini213 HB User
Re: Plantar wart help

Plantar warts are a virus, so it will be in your body for a long time. You dont have to worry about it touching other body parts and warts springing up there. (Do be careful about giving it to others though, it is very contagious)

The big white spot is either completely dead skin which you can easily peel off, or if you're sure its not that, the bottom part of the wart is actually like a button that is completely white as well, so you might have just taken the top of it off depending how deep it grew.

Easiest way to be free of the warts is to go find a docotr with a laser removal plan, go there on a friday and get those things out. Its fast painless and if you have insurance totally worth it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
(female)

mollybear1 HB User

try duck tape
or

2 ounce of chopped finely rosemary
1/2 cup almond oil
15 drops rosmary oil
15 drops lavender oil
2 gallons hot water 1 bottle commerical witch hazel exract
then relax hope it works
foot bath

Last edited by mollybear1; 04-02-2009 at 03:34 PM.

Old 04-02-2009, 05:04 PM   #4
(female)

bassclari HB User

We found that taping a cotton ball soaked with apple cider vinegar on the wart during the night worked like a charm. Took about 2 weeks.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wumbini213 View Post
Plantar warts are a virus, so it will be in your body for a long time. You dont have to worry about it touching other body parts and warts springing up there. (Do be careful about giving it to others though, it is very contagious)

The big white spot is either completely dead skin which you can easily peel off, or if you're sure its not that, the bottom part of the wart is actually like a button that is completely white as well, so you might have just taken the top of it off depending how deep it grew.

Easiest way to be free of the warts is to go find a docotr with a laser removal plan, go there on a friday and get those things out. Its fast painless and if you have insurance totally worth it.
Are you sure about this?

I've had a tiny white bump on the bottom of my foot for some time. Then, all of the sudden, about 10 sprung up. I'm assuming they are plantar warts and treating as such. Well, of course I ran to the web before running to the store and the only thing that freaked me out was that quite a few of the sites said to be very careful in touching the bumps as it can spread to your hands just as they have spread around on my foot. Makes sense to me. So I'm a little paranoid about this.

Since they are very tiny and in a small area on my foot I am trying the duct tape method as a start. If it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere I'll go to the doctor and get them removed. But reading last night I heard some nightmare stories about that process so I'm going with the duct tape. Might do some home improvements while I have the new roll.

Old 08-10-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
(female)

Megsays HB User

I just got 4 plantar warts removed today. It originally started out as one and I figured, eh it'd be okay if it was just one but then about 2 months ago I realized it had spread. YES! You CAN spread it to other parts of your body. A Plantar wart is JUST a regular wart like you'd get anywhere else but it is forced to grow into your skin because of the pressure you put on your feet while standing/walking. If you have a cut/crack in any place on your body and you touch your wart and then that spot..it can very easily spread. It may take a few months for it to start appearing like a wart but it will spread so be VERY careful. Wear socks or cover your warts with bandaids and when you do get them ALL taken care of..do NOT wear the shoes you wore while hving the warts UNLESS you wore socks with them. I am having to throw away all of my flip flops after today's surgical procedure, but it's 100% worth it. It hurts to get them cut out..the numbing shots do, but it's worth it. So far so good. I go back Wednesday to get my foot looked at..

Good luck.

Closed Thread