It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #1
(male)

bruceandkaren HB User
Help! (Doctors won't)

Please, someone help with this problem: my feet for the past year go cold and numb every night and during the night, really start to hurt. This is in the front of the foot, top and bottom. Recently, this is starting to be night AND day. I went on the Mayo Clinic website which said any numbness in the feet should be looked at right away. Three doctors, including a neurologist were completely unconcerned. When I mentioned peripheral neuropathy to the neurologist, she asked which foot it was. I said both and she said then it can't be that. Another doctor tickled my feet with a monofiliment, "proving" that I have feeling in them. So what! SOMETHING is going on. Why is it so hard to fiind help? I don't want to lose my feet. Who should I see or what can be done? Thanks! Oh yes, the same thing is happening in my hands as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 08:58 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Help! (Doctors won't)

When you say they go cold and numb, do you mean that they get cold and eventually go numb? If so, is there any way to warm them up and have it go away - even temporarily? Do the toes turn white or black and blue when they get cold?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
(male)

bruceandkaren HB User

Thank you so much for your quick response!
They don't turn any colors - they feel as if I rubbed Icy-Hot on them. And nothing I do gives any relief (as in warming them up.) If I just knew what to say to a doctor to make them investigate or run a test, I may get somewhere. Thanks again.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Sorry - I was thinking Reynaud's but doubt that's it now.

Old 04-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #5
(male)

bruceandkaren HB User

Thanks anyway

Old 04-04-2009, 09:49 PM   #6
(female)

DHS HB User
Red face Re: Help! (Doctors won't)

Go back to your Dr. and ask for an ultrasound on your feet- you might possibly have a blood clot in your foot or leg.I would make this appointment ASAP !

Old 04-05-2009, 06:21 AM   #7
(male)

bruceandkaren HB User

Thank you, I'll do it first thing in the morning - if they'll listen! If you are a doctor, I could tell them that I talked to you about it but it has to be fast - as soon as he see's my list of questions, he runs out the door! Thanks so much for replying. My wife and are so worried that I'll lose my feet or worse.

Old 04-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
(female)

DHS HB User

Bruceandkaren,
No, I'm not a doctor, but I know from my own experience that having both feet and hands(in my case little finger on my left hand and little pinkie toe on left foot) with numbness is a clear indication that a blood clot is either forming or is all ready there. I discovered the blood clot before my Dr. and demanded a ultrasound-sure enough I have a DVT in my left thigh in the popliteal artery.

Closed Thread