It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
(female)

emp0052 HB User
Unhappy I worry I am developing bunions.

First off, I'm only 20 years old. I am a full time student and I work retail 5 days a week and I am on my feet moving around for about 6 hours a day at work, plus walking around campus every day.

The past few weeks I have had serious pain in my left foot, on the inside of my left big toe. I thought at first it was a pinched nerve, it was sensitive to the touch and there was burning, but not significant swelling. Since then the pain has stayed about the same but the joint of my left big toe has gotten noticeably larger at the end of the day than my right.

To my knowledge I do not have any history of bunions in my family, though my father has his own foot problems. My foot hurts so much by the end of the day I hardly want to run errands or go out with my friends. I don't really know how to fix this. Everything I have read indicates that it will only get worse from here.

Frankly, I'm scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
(female)

my sore feet HB User
Re: I worry I am developing bunions.

Don't try and guess what might be going on, go to a podiatrist or ortho surgeon specializing in feet right away. Don't let feet problems get out of hand. Take it from experience. Had I gone to the doctor when I first developed any pain, I might not have the problems I have today, ie toe fusion and cheilectomies.
Good luck.
Brenda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread