It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 08:07 AM   #1
(female)

hurts2walk HB User
PTTD surgery: going for round 2

Well tomorrow is the day for my second (other foot) surgery. I will be having tendon transfer (for ruptured posterior tendon), heel osteotomy, achilles lengthening, and column lengthening (bone chip from hip).

I had the other foot done in Sept. 08. On that foot I had the tendon transfer and heel osteotomy only. I am still struggling with that foot somewhat but alot of it is nerve issues.

I am not so worried about the pain because I am in constant pain everyday as it is.....I have grown used to the feet pain after years of it. I am getting anxious about the SLOW recovery. This time I will be nwb for 8 weeks instead of 6. I HATED the recovery. I hated crawling up and down stairs. I hated the crutches (sore arms). I hated being cooped up in my house when I am usually such an active, social person. I hated not standing in my shower. I hated not being able to help my family with even the little things. So I am stressing about all of that......maybe I SHOULD be more concerned about the actual surgery? That will come as they wheel me in I am sure.

This time I will be staying overnight in the hospital (day surgery last time). And I will be having the popliteal block after surgery instead of before. And some of the best news of all.....this surgeon uses all stitches...no staples this time! Last time I had 33 staples and having them taken out was bad. Also I will get the boot instead of a cast again. That was soooooo much better.....no permanent cast.

Anyway.....just a warning that I will be posting here soon in my drug induced stuper! I don't know what I would do without this place.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #2
(female)

lovelyladi HB User
Re: PTTD surgery: going for round 2

Good luck tomorrow

Shelly

Old 04-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Best Wishes

Old 04-13-2009, 02:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. Will look forward to the drugged posts. I hear you on all the other things in life your will be Not particapating in. But in due time you will. Be looking for thosse posts.

Old 04-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User

Best of luck tomorrow. We'll look forward to hearing from you once you are on "the other side" (is that anything like the dark side? )

Drugged up posts are the most entertaining.

emmie

Old 04-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
(female)

marybn HB User

I haven't posted in a long time but I am glad I checked to day. Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you. I know recovery is long but hopefully the weather will be nice and you can enjoy some outside reading in the sun after the long winter. Take care.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
(female)

yaohua HB User

I hate everything you hated in your post. But I hate the consistent pain before surgery also. In order to get better life in the future, I guess this surgery will pay off later. Unfortunately, the recovery is a long process. I bet you had the same feeling in Sept last year before the surgery, but 7 months went by. As much as we don't like the long, inconvenient recovery process, we all believe that we will be better. I am only 13 days post-op today. I was pretty down the last two weeks, but this message board provides me with hope, So many of us are on the same boat, we all help each other to get through this recovery. I asked my doctor today during the first post-op if there is anyway to speed up the recovery process. He said "no", but he also said that my messed up tendon will never get better without the surgery. So I think we all made a good decision wanting to solve our foot problem for good. GOOD LUCK tomorrow. We will hear you soon.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
(female)

smile2006 HB User

Hey There- Hope surgery on your second foot went well and you are on your way to "pain free" feet. I'll cheer on your recovery. I know going through recovery twice would be more than I would want to do

Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #9
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

Hurts,
Hope your surgery went well and you're nice and drugged up. (Read: pain free).
I'm at six weeks post op and I STILL hate all the things you mentioned! Sheesh, this recovery sucks. I hope it's your left foot this time and you can at least drive after awhile. My greatest fear is that I'll have to go through this again with my right foot. I'll be following your posts closely.
One thing you posted that I'm so jealous of - you get to wear a boot! No hard cast. Lucky, lucky you.
We're thinking of you and look forward to your next post.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
(female)

scribytoo HB User

Hurts,
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and hoping you are pain free tonight! You are an awesome trooper. I had my triple A last Sept. too and don't think I could move forward into another recovery yet. All the best to you.
Linda

Closed Thread