It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
(female)

cosmo22 HB User
Angry pttd vs pf-please advise

Hi , I am scheduled for tendon transfer, calcaneal osteotomy & achilles tendon lenghtening surgery for the end of May. I have had pain off and on since 2005. I went to chiropractor for last two weeks and actual tendon pain is much improved. I seem to just be having pf pain distal to ptt. I am having second thoughts about the surgery. In the past physical therapy and a boot have helped for a few months--then the pain returned. The surgeon is booked for months in advance. Do you think this is just temporary relief? Has anyone "healed" a torn tendon with chiropractic adjustments? Thanks in advance for any info

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User
Re: pttd vs pf-please advise

I have heard numerous stories of pain mysteriously getting better right before surgery. Our feet are evil that way. Mine did it, and when I mentioned it to my doctor he laughed and said he hears that all the time. Unfortunately I know of no chiropractic adjustment that could heal a tendon. Maybe they can do something that puts less strain on the tendon but I really don't think that your tendon is going to heal without surgery at this point. Once it has progressed to the point of needing the work that you have scheduled it's usually beyond the point of any kind of conservative measure. Wait a few more weeks and see what happens with your pain level. If it's still better you might want to talk to your doctor about it.

but that's just my opinion and I'm not an expert by any means. Just someone who has had PTTD surgery and two other surgeries on the same foot so I've read up ad nauseum on the condition.

Welcome to the board. There is lots of information on here if you do decide to have the surgery.

emmie

Last edited by emmie54; 04-13-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
(female)

cosmo22 HB User
Re: pttd vs pf-please advise

hi emmie54,
Thanks for the input. I guess I am just hoping for a miracle. I have appreciated all of your post. This board has been a wealth of information. I live about 1-2 hours from Baton Rouge. I am sure I will have more questions before surgery--hope all you veterans will share your wisdom and experience.

Closed Thread