It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User
5 wks into heel osteotomy OH My The pain

Oh my the pain that has become a part of my life again. I'm 5 weeks into recovery and haven't changed or done anything extra and the razor blades and terrible deep pain I have in my heel is darn near killing me.It started 3 days ago and hasn't quit. I had weaned myself off the drugs and now am back on them and they don't help.I did call the surgeons office and was told that it may just be a bad day. Sure but 3. I had help to remove the air cast and sock,( this scarred me fear of screwing up the healing) man taking off the sock was a killer hurt to slide it off. Didn't see any ozzing or redness a few bruises but nothing else no foul smell.
Anyone have this happen to them? The bottom of my heel hurts and so does where they put in the screws. Suggestions??? And why is it happening? I have been so protective of this foot making sure it is elevated, not bumping or stepping on I don't get it.................................

Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
(female)

WorldWalker HB User
Re: 5 wks into heel osteotomy OH My The pain

I don't know what to tell you, but I just wanted to say that removing the air cast will get easier. Maybe a cold pack would help? Right now, my air cast issue is 2 miles in the opposite direction of your issue, but I hope you get it sorted out soon. If it continues, you should give as much detail and ask for suggestions on how to deal with it. Maybe you still need pain medication? I only quit at 6 1/2 weeks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
(female)

hurts2walk HB User

walleye I want to say that this is nerve pain because I had it. I think I posted before to you about this? What really helped me was to massage the foot....as hard as that seems right now. Can you ask your OS about this? I would hate to give you the wrong advice but it sounds a lot like what I went through. I am feeling for you........

Old 04-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

I am not to take off the air cast yet. Hopefully on Wednesday will be 6 weeks check and then if all is well I can take it off and massage the daylights out of the foot. I do believe it is nerve pain it comes and goes and you never know when its going to start or end. everyday is different. I did call the doc office. It got better in a couple of days so I didn't want to go in early to let them check it. I sure hope I can start to put weight on the foot very soon and start building muscles again. Its hard to be patient.

Old 04-20-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

Hey Walleye!! I am so sorry I have not posted to you sooner----I have had PC issues off and on-----I think my laptop is on overload from all the action its been getting!

I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing so much pain----though I can absolutely sympathize!!! My heel still hurts significantly off and on----I am still in a cast---I go Wednesday to have this cast removed and hopefully get my boot.

Please let us know how you are after your appointment Wednesday---I hope you get good news!!! I wonder---do you have tons and tons of dry skin on that foot?? I dont know about you---but mine is gross!!! sorry if that is TMI!!
LOL

Hope you are having a good day!!! Take care of yourself!!

Tracie

Old 04-20-2009, 04:17 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Yes my laptop has seen more action than usual these past 6 weeks. I can only see a little of my skin and what I see is not pretty. Dry and peeling. Can't wait to see what it will look like on Wed. Hey we both go same day I am hoping for the ok to start putting weight on the foot as I am in the boot already, realy hoping I can sleep without it, take a bath you know all the stuff we have been missing out on for the last what feels like a life time. Most of all put some lotion on my leg and massage it all. Feels good to hope!
Will post after my visit, you to Tracie.

Closed Thread