It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

WorldWalker HB User
2 Months PTTD post op

I just got the green light to start walking without the crutches. Still stuck in the boot for two weeks or more. I'm very excited because it just feels like it is all coming together. I even asked for my x-rays on a disc. Tre cool stuff there. I'm working on range of motion and weight bearing. I personally don't feel any pain, however it is very itchy =/ I got something for that today and I'm finishing out my antibiotics. If I can think of more to post for an update I'll keep you in the loop!

Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User
Re: 2 Months PTTD post op

Congrads. No crutches. It will happen to all of us soon but what a road you take to get there. Am very happy for you worldwalker as I can imagine you are glowing from shear happines.
I think those of us that are still in the middle of our recoverys are just a little jealous, but happy for you!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Actually I'm more amazed at everyone here than I am happy for myself. I mean, it is amazing. It all just comes together. We are strong willed people able to endure so much more than is expected of ourselves. I look forward to hearing when everyone starts down this part of the path and I'm excited to hear how they get there.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:06 PM   #4
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

YAY Worldwalker!!!!! That is great!!! I am very excited for you!!! I go next Wednesday for cast removal and xrays----so I am going to just live vicariously through you right now!!! LOL

That is just great!!! Enjoy your day!!!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User

How cool is that?! Another big step. (er...pardon the pun )

Old 04-17-2009, 09:22 AM   #6
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

Worldwalker, you give us all hope! There is a light at the end of our casts...

Ah, to be cast free and pain free. What a fabulous thought!

Congrats on your recovery and thanks for your inspiration!!!

No one understands this surgery unless you've had it. I had lunch with my dad yesterday and he said to me, 'You know, I've been telling everyone what a wimp you are, but then Diana, (my sister) showed me the pictures of your foot. I think I owe you an apology'. I almost fell off my chair! A wimp? You've got to be kidding. And don't you know, my foot twitched just then and I accidentally bonked him with my cast.

Soooo glad to hear of your progress Worldwalker!!!

Last edited by SoCalGal09; 04-17-2009 at 05:07 PM.

Old 04-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #7
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

Love that story SoCalGal!!! My family has always said I was the "wimp"--and my sister, just recently said she thinks they have had it all wrong--and realized what a high tolerence for pain that I really must have! I said you are talking to the girl who had 4 IV attempts---2 of which were in my forearms and I didn't flinch!!!

Anyway---Worldwalker----I hope you are enjoying your new found freedom!! I know it has got to feel like a new lease on life!!!!! Enjoy your weekend!!!

Tracie

Old 04-17-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

I do wish it was instant song and dance, but I just got back from PT and I gotta kick it up a gear and get to one crutch 100% by next Friday. I am very scared my leg is going to give out and I'll fall down like a tree! I've been putting more weight and it isn't so bad as long as I remember to stop bending my knee so much as I put weight on it. Best part is the HW load has slowed for the week so I can focus on my foot more. I hope everyone else loves PT as much as I do so far.

A WIMP!? Seriously? That's why I start with saying they cut my heel off and slid it 8mm over etc etc. I mean most people only have to learn how to walk once and as babies it isn't too epic. Of course I have yet to say I went in for breast augmentation and came out with a cast...that'd catch people off guard!

Old 04-17-2009, 05:53 PM   #9
(female)

hurts2walk HB User

Good luck with going crutch free worldwalker! Take it easy....but there is no better feeling of freedom than when you make it through this!

Last edited by hurts2walk; 04-17-2009 at 05:54 PM.

Old 04-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #10
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

It just feels limited knowing I'm only halfway there. I mean, how weird will it be when I have one foot corrected and the other still needing surgery?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #11
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldWalker View Post
Best part is the HW load has slowed for the week so I can focus on my foot more.

A WIMP!? Seriously? That's why I start with saying they cut my heel off and slid it 8mm over etc etc. I mean most people only have to learn how to walk once and as babies it isn't too epic. Of course I have yet to say I went in for breast augmentation and came out with a cast...that'd catch people off guard!
Okay, the first part - what's HW?

And OMG that second part made me laugh so hard I almost pee'd myself and you know that's not fun when you're on crutches! Then I read it again and went, "WHAT?????" If you ever feel like elaborating...

Third, man, that is bittersweet. Knowing all your hard work is going to be repeated way too soon. Still, you're doing awesome! I can't wait until I can post I'm crutch free.

Last edited by SoCalGal09; 04-17-2009 at 08:02 PM.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:15 PM   #12
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Well people always ask what happened to my leg and I've been trying to think of the most outrageous thing I could fabricate to entertain myself.

Also: HW= Homework

I really appreciate everyone's support and happiness for me. It helped me feel some progress even if it is a slow progression towards our desired end result.

Old 04-18-2009, 12:54 PM   #13
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

Now I understand. My husband says I should tell people I was fighting off ice weasels with a katana.

I ruptured my tendon riding a bike. Boring.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

Hey I think a few people who have posted have had this surgery and are going towards recovering from round 2. Question: how many hours a day did you do PT? I also think I'm scared to progress back to walking after getting used to my situation. I feel like this is the hardest part because sometimes I feel like I'm not really moving forward as fast as I should. I'm scared of the idea of being on one crutch by Friday! Excited, but yikes!

Closed Thread