It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
(female)

my sore feet HB User
Angry Started WB now my knee hurts!

After 11 weeks nwb doc said i looked all healed and to start putting weight on the foot. After the first day of that I now have alot of pain on the inside of the knee. I mean alot of pain. I bought some Arnica cream to rub on thinking it might be muscle pain. I'm really p.o.'d about it since i only want to focus on rehabing the foot NOT my knee. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do about it? I've never had knee issues in the past and i've been a runner. I'm hoping it's just because that leg took 3 months off and doesn't want to go back to work!

Help!

Brenda

Old 04-25-2009, 05:20 AM   #2
(female)

let me walk HB Userlet me walk HB User
Re: Started WB now my knee hurts!

Hi Brenda,
I have not been able to walk for the past 5 months (was NWB...NWB with the boot...NWB again...then finally had surgery and then NWB for the month after that). I am one month and one week post surgery. My knee was doing the exact same thing yours is doing. It isn't tracking correctly. I'd recommend that you work with your PT on some exercises that focus on your pelvic strength and work on ROM moves for your knee (i.e. biking...mild side to side lunging with a slight bend in your knee....assuming you have the OK from your doc). The entire ankle, knee, hip all work together so it's no suprising that you're having knee issues being NWB for 11 weeks (the muscles have not worked the way they are supposed to work for a long time). I, too, WAS a runner...not anymore but I'm sure you'll get back to your running again...it will take time...be patient and persistent with your rehab. It makes all the difference in your recovery!

I hope this helps.
Julie

Last edited by let me walk; 04-25-2009 at 05:21 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

And don't be surprised if your opposite side hip starts hurting too. Your body has been "off center" for a while and it take a while to get everything working together again. Do lots of stretching!

Old 04-25-2009, 09:30 PM   #4
(female)

Lesley54 HB User

My good leg knee started hurting and popping. Never had a problem before. I had PTTD 5 years ago and had a triple arthrodesis last August. Still in pain. The doctor said it would take a year. I went to a chiropractor this past week who also does acupuncture. This is the first week my pain has subsided. Deep rubbing, chiropractic and acupuncture. I highly recommend it.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
(female)

alabamajack HB User

I spent about 8 weeks in a splint and a boot, and I' seeing the exact some issue with my knee. I'm also a runner and I was so discouraged that I was bouncing from one problem (ankle) to another (knee). My PT watched me walk and noticed that I was turning my foot outward too much, and he said this was putting undue pressure on the inside of my knee. Apparently I had walked this way with my boot, and the lack of flexibility in my foot was causing me to continue to walk like this. This may or may not be your problem...just a thought!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #6
(female)

Lesley54 HB User

I am also doing weight exercising. Which is keeping me strong and helping my knee, along with building up my muscles. Gotta keep exercising.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
(female)

SoCalGal09 HB User

Okay, wait a minute - you started weight bearing and you're also doing excercises with weights? Am I understanding this right? If so, that's amazing! I've been wondering how soon after WB I'd be able to get back to workouts with weights. Now I have some idea...

Closed Thread