It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
(female)

my sore feet HB User
Lightbulb Debbi g - did you get the Teva Olowahus

Debbi

I think i was reading a post from way back that someone was writing about having a hard time keeping flip flops on after big toe fusion. Was it you that gave the advise about the Teva Olowahu flip flop? If so, do you wear them and do you like them? I'm ready to order some off of Zappos but i'd like and opinion about them.

Thanks
Brenda

Old 05-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: Debbi g - did you get the Teva Olowahus

it wasnt me who wrote about the tevas, but yes they work quite well. i bought a pair and have not worn them. personally, i dont like the way they look on my feet. i am way to fussy and i have no right to be. i would rather be in pain sometimes and wear cute shoes. i know that is so lame.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
(female)

my sore feet HB User

One of our local stores carries the flip flop saw on Zappos so i'm heading to the store to try them on. The picture of them looked cute and even my 23 yr old daughter liked them, so hopefully they look as cute on my foot, that might be the problem. I'm still in the recovery process of a fusion so am still in the mind set that if it doesn't hurt my feet i'm wearin 'em, maybe i'll be more picky as time wears on like you. Thanks for the input.
Brenda

Old 05-05-2009, 02:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

you are lucky you can wear flip flops. i would live in them if i could.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
(female)

my sore feet HB User

Hey

I went to our local store who carried the Teva flip flops and like you hated them on my feet/foot. I think you misunderstood, i'm not wearing flip flops yet, i'm still in the walking boot, i just tried the flip flop on my good foot and hated it. I too don't know what i'm going to do if flip flops are not in my waredrobe. What do you wear in the summer?
Brenda

Old 05-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

that is the hardest part of it all. summer shoes are impossible for me. the straps on sandals hit my toe, then my foot swells and nothing is comfortable. i did buy clarks unstructured at nordstrom and i will try them. for long periods of walking i have slip on shoes-1 is a gym shoe and the other is a very slip on which i bought in las vegas . they are hot and ugly, but i have no choice. i forgot the name of the slip on shoe, but if you want to know, let me know. i hope you are able to wear flip flops. this time of year is so upsetting for with the shoe issue.

Old 05-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #7
(female)

my sore feet HB User

Debbi
I posted on another thread before i saw this response, so i'll tell you again in case you don't read the other thread. What the hell am i going to put on my feet to go to my daughters college graduation on june 12??? I will be out of the walking boot after my next doc appt. on may 21. I get anxiety just thinking about it. No freaking way am i wearing athletic shoes to her grad and dinner afterwards. Any fashion advise?

Thx
Brenda

Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

i replied to you on another thread-chubster

Closed Thread