It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #1
(female)

wendiz HB User
Angry Just out of the Hospital for my 8th Surgery

I am curious if there is anyone else out there that keeps having problems after foot surgery. My latest surgery was to remove the bone filler that was used in a bone graft, replace it with cadaver bone, fix a tarsal tunnel and put implants in the bottom of my foot because the padding had deteriorated due to all of the trauma.

I just spent 4 days in the hospital, am in a splint and can not put any weight on it for another 6-8 weeks. It has been a constant struggle and it never seems to heal. I have followed Dr's orders and am so frustrated. I have had a bad reaction to everything ever used in my foot and am worried that my body will reject the cadaver bone as well. Have any of you had this happen?

I would appreciate any and all responses as I am going nuts !!!

Thanks in advance !!!:

Old 05-03-2009, 05:41 PM   #2
(female)

my sore feet HB User
Re: Just out of the Hospital for my 8th Surgery

I am 12 weeks post op from a big toe fusion with a hip graft. My doctor was not willing to use anything but bone from my hip for the graft. I seem to be recovering on schedule with no unusual complaints. Maybe you're just rejecting. It's probably too late but maybe you should ask your doc about using hip bone for grafting.

Good luck

Brenda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2009, 11:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

my dr used my heel bone. ask thr dr why you keep rejecting?

Old 05-04-2009, 12:44 PM   #4
(female)

aed2113 HB User

I've rejected cadaver bone and cadaver bone infused with bone cells taken from bone marrow from my hip. My doctor says he sees cases like mine about once a year and I've been that case for the last two years now.... he said the best option is to be as conservative about recovery as possible; so I used a bone stimulator before any deterioration even happened, used a cast the whole non-weight bearing time to make sure there was complete stability, and he added a fusion to the original surgery for more stability. So far this one looks ok but I have yet to reach the time frame where the non-union starts to show.
I hope things work out for you...good luck.

Closed Thread