It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

bren073 HB User
Unhappy PTTD 11th Month

PTTD 11th month, above the arch area still stick out, feel like bone, not sure, dr. said it probably will be that way. Have foot pain sometimes but better after resting. Now have heel pain hurts to walk. Other foot hurting in arch area from carrying most of the load. Does anyone have idea of why it would be hurting now. I expected to be wearing heels and sandals now with no pain. Whats going on? Help

Old 05-04-2009, 06:20 AM   #2
(female)

Zoey123 HB User
Re: PTTD 11th Month

I had PTTD surgery in Aug. 07 and wish I had never had it done. I have the same thing, it is like a bone right above the arch aread, real hard and all shoes hit it and it is very painful. The area where the tendon was transfered is still very painful, but not swollen and the scar looks good. I don't think the tendon is functioning correctley because I still can not do a heel lift on the foot, no matter how much I exercise it. My heel hurts constantly and I have severe neuropathy now in my feet. Guess what? The surgeon doesn't even want to see me anymore. He never even took a final x-ray after removing the screws from the top of my foot, since they were backing out and irrating the tendon on the top on my foot. I still have the heel screw, he was suppose to remove that, at the same time but didn't. I am seeing a new podiatrist today, that doesn't know any of my history. I am hoping for a complete exam and new opinion. I fear I have developed tarsal tunnel from too much tissue in the transfer and don't think I can face another surgery. I am at my wits end, so much pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
(female)

bren073 HB User
Re: PTTD 11th Month

Yes that hard bone that sticks out side, make foot look like you need to have surgery. Thats the way my foot looked before surgery. I guess the tendon was what he focused on. I still have 2 screws in heel. I was dismissed from physician and PT in November. I continued exercises at home but after I started working full time I had a few aches, pains, limps, it got better but now the heel is really bothering me. My my mom was hospitalized twice in April, maybe being on my foot that much started the heel to hurt. But I would think by now it should not hurt. Thinking about making appt to see if everything is ok maybe request x-ray. Good luck with your new doctor.

Closed Thread