| | Questions to ask the Surgeon
I'm having severe bunion surgery this week and I have my pre-op appt with my doctor this afternoon. I'm trying to get together a list of questions I want/need to ask the doctor/surgeon during the appointment and was wondering if anyone had some questions that I should definitely ask.
Here's what I have so far:
1. What kind of a cast will I be in post-op?
2. How many screws will he be putting in?
3. How many external pins?
4. Where will the pins be (on the top or side of the foot)?
5. How long do I have to be down (limiting my "crutching" to only when going to the bathroom)?
6. How long until I can wash my foot (can I get the external pins wet, as I will have them for 6 wks)?
7. What is/are the name(s) of the procedures being done?
8. How long will I be in Physical Therapy and when do I start?
9. What kind of anesthesia will be used? (general, local, etc.)?
10. Do they do an ankle block after my surgery to numb my foot for several hours?
Any help you could provide or suggestions you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!