It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
(female)

Pegret HB User
Question 3+ weeks to triple arthrodesis

Here is what I know. I'm 60 and hyper-mobile. I have had a hip and knee replaced from joint wear. Now it is time for my foot. Doc says fuse 3 bones in the hind foot, lengthen and shorten tendons and ligaments, shorten a toe, shove the heel pad over to where it belongs, rebuild the arch. I'm healthy other than the joint issues. I see the surgeon the 11th. What do I need to ask? I healed well after my replacements. How soon can I return to water aerobics? I go 3-4 times a week. Thanks for any info.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
(female)

lovelyladi HB User
Re: 3+ weeks to triple arthrodesis

Hi

I am 17 weeks post triple arthrodesis with achellis lengthening, a plate screws, 2 pins and a cadaver bone transplant. i too am 60 years old and in good shape, chubby with no health problems except will need a knee eventually.

I was 12 weeks in a cast amd have been in a boot for 5 weeks using a walker. I have some pain and cannot imagine walking for at least another month...I am not yet allowed to put a sneaker on my foot. I have been told I am doing very well and ahead of schedule. I would say you will not be in water arobics for atleast 5 months (possibly swimming b4 that if you can get in and out of pool)

You may want to look up my old thread started in early January ...triple arthodesis and I have questions.......lots of infomation and feed back.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery

Hugs, Shelly

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread