It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #1
(female)

Sucha HB User
Broken bone in foot?

I've had some sharp pains in my foot and not sure if this is something I should see my Dr about or just let it go.
I'm short, so I tend to stand on my toes a lot to reach things. Apparently I use my left foot a lot for this. The last couple of days when I have tried to do that, I feel sharp shooting pains in the top of my foot. There is no discoloration, no swelling, so that is why I'm not sure its anything I should look into. Sometimes it hurts to walk, I guess if I move it the wrong way. When I'm resting its not painful.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Carol

Old 05-06-2009, 05:53 AM   #2
(female)

poppy1958 HB User
Re: Broken bone in foot?

It sounds like you have pulled a tendon in your foot which can feel as painful as if you had broken a bone.
Best thing to do from my own experience is to take ibuprofen 4 hourly and massage the foot when you are resting.
Also do daily leg stretches by leaning against a wall and stretch each leg to a count of 20 do 2 sets each leg.
Injuries like this can take months you just have to be patient also if you are over weight this can hinder the injury but at the end of the day it will heal it,s self with the instruction i have given you.
You could also wear an ankle support as this sits around the foot believe me i have experienced foot and ankle injuries and the pain they can cause but they do eventually go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2009, 06:20 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User

I would suggest that if the pain persists for more than a week even after resting it, or if it worsens then have it checked out. Stress fractures hurt across the top of the foot and they never heal until you are put into a stiff soled shoe or boot for a period of time. A strain can heal, but a tendon tear most often needs repair.

If you "baby" it and it feels better, then that is a good sign. If the pain worsens or doesn't improve I would definitely have it checked out. Just my opinion!

emmie

Old 05-07-2009, 05:30 AM   #4
(female)

Sucha HB User

Thanks to both of you- I will try both. I was wondering if it might be a stress fracture, but wasn't sure. I honestly dont even know what I would have done to cause it.
Thanks again.

Old 05-07-2009, 05:43 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I was walking on a treadmill - just started so it was among the first steps - and had a sharp, stabbing pain in my foot. Two weeks later I finally went to the doctor - stress fracture in the 4th met. Get it checked out.

Closed Thread