It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
my feet changed

its been 2 and a half years since i had big toe fusion. i actually am fing some very cute shoes that fit over my toe. but now my heels have narrowed so much i slip out of everything-even shoes i had pre surgery. i know to wear sling backs, but even the sides of the sling backs are big. i dont know how to compensate for this. does anyone have any suggestions and why did this happen? help please

Old 05-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: my feet changed

I know there are some specialty shoe stores/online places that sell shoes with one width heel and another for the toe area. They are expensive and hard to find. I had an aunt with that problem and she had a hard time but did buy at a store here (now out of business) that could get them for her.
Try calling the shoe buyer at some local large store or shoe boutique and see if they can direct you to a brand that you can research.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

i dont care about the expense because i need to wear shoes! i wouldnt even know where to start, but i guess i will try on line. if you can recomend a brand i would be greatful. debbie

Old 05-07-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Gosh I wish I could remember! My mother (now deceased) wore shoes with a 4A heel and 2A shoe width when she was younger and I remember her having a hard time finding them. This won't help you much in the winter but what about mule type shoes for the summer? That way with no back you don't have to worry about the heel width.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #5
(female)

CarlaSt HB User

my mother in law orders neutralizers online because her foot size is different than post peoples. u may want to try that.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks you guys. i could wear mules, but i think they would be very hot and then make my feet swell. i am willing to try anything.

Old 05-09-2009, 05:28 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Debbie, any shoe without a back is called a "mule"...they aren't hot. The little kitten heeled shoes with only a front qualify as a mule. I have a pair that have open lattice like criss cross leather on the front...no back and 2" heels. Hot pink and cute! Those little satin "house shoes" with feather pompoms on the toe and no backs (like the movie stars wear with their lingerie) are considered mules.

And you can always get them customed made...am sure somewhere in Chicago there is a cobble who can do that....I read an article in Reader's Digest once about a woman with two different size feet who had hers made by Ferragamo.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

the mules i have to buy cant have a pointed toe because i need a wide toe box. i remember looking up custom shoemakers, but i didnt find any in chicago. i found them in new york....

Old 05-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

I did a search for Shoes Custom Made In/Near Chicago and got several....

And I've seen some round toed mules...like little mary janes....not a lot but i have seen them....

Do they have any shoe shops for hard to find sizes there? We have one here called Unique Feet and they carry really small sizes and larger really narrow ones - I have a couple of friends who were 9 AAAs and they can buy them here at a place called Marmi...don't know if it's a chain or not...

Last edited by Titchou; 05-09-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Old 05-10-2009, 09:25 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

actually there is 1 or 2 stores who specialize in hard to fit feet. the shoes are pretty ugly. i will do that search in chgo and thanks for your advice. i always trust you and i hope you are doing well. debbie

Old 05-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #11
Facilitator
(female)

I went shopping this afternoon and saw some things that might work. One was a pair of Born shoes and the others I didn't get the brand name. But they were round toed Mary Jane style (strap over instep) and ballet types(dressier looking). Both had elastic in the heels. Some were at DSW - large chain - assume you have there in Chicago...

Bought a pair of aqua and lime sandals for me and a lime purse($29 at DSW)! Too cute!

Closed Thread