It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
(male)

WillH HB User
Something wrong with right foot

It started last night. When I step on my right foot it feels like I'm stepping on something. Kind of a numb feeling, but I can poke it and feel everything. I'm thinking it's a nerve thing, but not sure.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User
Re: Something wrong with right foot

Do a search on Morton's neuroma.

Some people have luck with over-the-counter shoe inserts - the kind that give metatarsal support (they are kind of funny looking, with a raised spot in the center of the pad - it's kind of counter-intuitive, you would think it is exactly the wrong thing, but give it a try).

If that does not help, you may need custom made shoe inserts. Some will recommend podiatrists for this. Personally, unless you have a really highly recommended podiatrist, I would go with an orthopedist.

If you have a doctor recommending surgery right off the bat, without trying other measures, I would go to another doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
(female)

Mart16 HB UserMart16 HB User

I have similar feelings as you have. I have a numb feeling heel and at times the bottom is numb also. Can feel my touch if poked but not a normal feeling and the word numb says it best. The feeling seems to also be super sensitive. If I step on a tiny little speck of something it feels huge. My two little to toes feel like there is tape on them. And I have also felt a buzzing in the bottom of the foot. Felt like I was stepping on vibrator or a buzzing bug. Very strange. All these sensations by the most part have not been painful just troublesome. I do have back problems and have had major knee problems. First thought it was caused by my knee but have comflicting dx's from both doctors. No one really knows what is going on. I don't think you have a neuroma unless it is very painful for you. If you squeeze your foot together from side to side and it is very painful than it could be a neuroma. Do you have pain? Hope you figure it out.
Molu

Old 05-11-2009, 12:12 AM   #4
(male)

WillH HB User

There was no pain. Actually today was the first day I haven't noticed any problems. I think its going away. I do suffer from lower back pain that doctors can't figure out why, but its never affected my feet before. I will post again if it comes back.

Closed Thread