It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
(female)

wendiz HB User
Anyone else have a problem with the "good" foot ????

As I have mentioned, I just had my 8th ish surgery on my right foot. This one to replace my rejected bone grafting, fix tarsal tunnel and replace the padding and now my left foot is broken in two places. I knew something was wrong but attributed it to the fact that I have been putting the majority of my weight on the good foot for the past several years. The bone scan showed that I have a broken ankle and a broken bone on the outside of my foot. What do I do now? I am afraid to let the Dr know how much it is bothering me now that I am NWB on my right foot. The last thing I want is to start having to treat the other foot. UGH !!!!!! anyone else have this sort of problem? I would really appreciate hearing from you all because i am getting really depressed and nobody else understands.

Thanks in advance...

Old 05-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #2
(female)

Alycat4434 HB User
Re: Anyone else have a problem with the "good" foot ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendiz View Post
As I have mentioned, I just had my 8th ish surgery on my right foot. This one to replace my rejected bone grafting, fix tarsal tunnel and replace the padding and now my left foot is broken in two places. I knew something was wrong but attributed it to the fact that I have been putting the majority of my weight on the good foot for the past several years. The bone scan showed that I have a broken ankle and a broken bone on the outside of my foot. What do I do now? I am afraid to let the Dr know how much it is bothering me now that I am NWB on my right foot. The last thing I want is to start having to treat the other foot. UGH !!!!!! anyone else have this sort of problem? I would really appreciate hearing from you all because i am getting really depressed and nobody else understands.

Thanks in advance...
I am dealing with the same thing now in my "good" foot. I have 2 fractures in my left and while i was icing it, i got up to heat some tea up and sprained the other foot. When they did the xray they found a hairline fracture that was starting to heal. Now i am in a cam walker for the left and a tie up brace for the right until at least june 5 but now I am having this jelly-leg like feeling in both feet and tingling in both.... They told me it was from all the weight bearing i have been doing. I may have to do something soon tho I am in massive pain in both feet daily. Best thing is Ice Ice Ice and keeping them up as much as possible. feel better and you are not alone!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
(female)

odmix HB User

Hello,

I have had pain in my both my feet, mainly the ankle to mid area...
I got my MRI back and it told me that I have mild joint space narrowing in
my talonavicalar joint and that was the only thing that they could find wrong.

I read in your earlier posts that you had moderate joint space narrowing in your
talonavicalar joint as well... could that be one of the problems that you are are having in your ankle?

If you could tell me more about your experience that would be great!

I am too very worried for I am only 27 and use to be a jogger...
I've stopped running, but the pain in my ankle/mid area have not gone away.
I have been to 3 orthpedics that say nothing about the mild joint space narrowing
in my joint.

Thanks
Ainne

Last edited by moderator2; 12-13-2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: posted contact info - please read the posting rules

Old 12-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Northwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB UserNorthwind HB User

I had surgery to fuse my big toe joint on my right foot on Oct 28th. My left foot is complaining a bit now. I have had plantar fasciitis and that is where it is grumbling. I think right now it is tired of doing more than its share of work. Also, I have not been wearing my orthotics, because the right one bothers my foot, and when I have only one in, my legs are different lengths. I ahve bought some off the rack arch supports and they help a bit. I think I just need to be patient.

I hope you guys with real problems with your good foot find relief soon.

Closed Thread