It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User
What are the odds and how can I prove it?

I have developed some kind of problem in my left foot. At first I thought it was a reoccurance of Plantar Facscitis. But then I realized the pain was more on the side of my foot and nearer to the ankle. On the top of the foot. Now it has gotten worse to the point where I feel the pain every time I walk and I've had to walk with a limp for the last 2 weeks.

I saw the podiatrist and he said there was some kind of little bone that may have gotten out of place. He pushed on it a little and did an ultrasound treatment. It helped for when I left the office, but then I went grocery shopping and walked around for about an hour. That made it start hurting again. Since then, I'm back to limping. The more I walk, the more it hurts. He said it's probably a tendonitis of some kind. That got me thinking....

Last year, I was on Levaquin twice. Once for bronchitis and once for pneumonia. This was in an 8 month or so period. I had read all of the warnings and doom and gloom about Levaquin but I figured since I'm not that active and I'm generally healthy (not on any daily meds for anything) then I should be ok. But I started wondering whether this tendonitis in my foot might have been due to the Levaquin? The last time I took it was last year, sometime in the middle of the year maybe. This foot problem just showed up about a month ago or so. Could the effects of Levaquin have taken that long to show up? How can I prove that?

In the meantime, what do I do about this foot pain? It sometimes hurts so bad while I'm walking that I have to stop and stand still for a minute. It's agony! I have been trying to get on a walking program for myself to lose weight but how can I do that now when I'm in so much pain? Would it help to get orthotics? I have no idea!

I need some help and I don't know where to turn!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 01:31 PM   #2
(male)

DPart HB User
Re: What are the odds and how can I prove it?

What you have described sounds like what I went through. I am not going into details because it might not be what happened to me and I don't want to scare you. I will tell you it was not plantar facscits. But please go to a os and get a MRI done. I played around with a podiatrist way longer then I should have. If your podiatrist hasn't done a MRI yet get rid of him/her fast.

Darryl

Closed Thread