It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
(female)

ChrissyM HB User
Big Foot Mama

Hello. I am interested in foot reduction surgery because I have ginormous feet. They take up almost a whole square foot! It is getting hard to function and drive because they hit both pedals at one time! They also smell more than other people's feet so I would like to know if anyone has had this surgery. I think it would very much benefit and make my life much better because I would be normal. I cannot get a date because they think I am nice but then they look down and see....
them.
Please respond

Old 05-14-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Chubstercat HB UserChubstercat HB User
Re: Big Foot Mama

You are kidding - right? IF IT AIN"T BROKE - DON"T FIX IT! FOOT SURGERY IS NOTHING TO MESS AROUND WITH. I KNOW, HAD BUNION SURGERY OVER A YEARS AGO AND HAVE TROUBLE WALKING. THANK THE GOOD LORD YOU CAN WALK, RUN WITHOUT PAIN!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I second, third and fourth that! You really do not want to do this. Even for those of us for whom foot surgery has turned out positive, you do not want to do that much curtting and healing on a foot that is not damaged. You will have more problems down the road than hitting both pedals on a car at the same time. If that's your worst issue, just pay more attention when you drive.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Perhaps you might want to get counseling to accept your body as it is. If it works, don't break it.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

NO to surgery. there are too many things that can go wrong. just be glad you are able to use your feet without pain. no matter what size the feet are.....

Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 AM   #6
(female)

dinadina HB User

My feet are huge too! But I just tell myself "how well they work" and surgury could really screw them up! As for the smell try soaking them in tea for one week, it may turn them a bit orange but thats better than the smell! Why can't they make shoes that don't look so big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2009, 12:19 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Janesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB UserJanesfoot HB User

I agree with all the previous responses. If you are not in pain and your ability participate in your daily activities of life is not impaired, why would you ever want a doctor to cut open your foot, cut bones, nerves etc.? The result after surgery is not a "normal" foot, it is your former deformed foot altered by your doctor to be more functional. Please take the time to read more threads on this board.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #8
(female)

BUNIONPAIN HB User

Hello, I am sorry but I have to agree with the previous post. I can understand the embarrassment of having a "deformed" foot. I have had severe bunions since I was 12, and have only gotten worse. I have had several doctors tell me they are the worse they have ever seen in somone my age.

All I wanted was normal foot, one that I could wear cute shoes and heels like any other normal 28 year old. So I had bunion surgery on one foot. It was the worse mistake of my life. Something went wrong with the first surgery and I ended up with 3 surgeries total and I am still not right. I am in constant pain everyday of my life, I limp all the time. It is horrible.

So I would say if it isn't broke don't fix it. Be happy your feet don't hurt. Pain is worse than anything.

Good luck.

Closed Thread