It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

WorldWalker HB User
Thumbs up Wii Fit

I just got to try the balance activities and it was pretty cool and I felt it was worth a quick mention that maybe around the PT phase one should borrow a friend's or get one. I get my Wii back in June/July and I'm looking forward to it. Anyone else tried this before? Because it not, DO!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Wii Fit

I bought myself a Wii fit as a Christmas gift for myself. I love it! I have balance issues following a few strokes, and it has really helped me. The nice part is, it keeps track of everything for you, and shows your progress, and tracks your goals. I wish you well...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
(female)

hurts2walk HB User

I used it after my first surgery and I am looking forward to using it after the recovery from this one. I am sure the balance activities are good for us "footies".

Old 05-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Ok now you are talking my world I love my wii. It has kept me mentally active, I love brain academy. I got the wii fit for my b-day in April. Haven't opened the box yet. If you footies say its good I will open it today and give it a try.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
(female)

mary2 HB User

Hi All,
I am Wii challenged. I have never even been around one. What is involved and what does WiiFit do? Are there weights or?????

Old 05-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Wii is made by Nintendo. It is a gaming device that is interactive with you and your tv. It runs around $250.00 and worth every penny. The Wii fit is an exercise program that you follow along while it plays on your TV. There is wii sports which is tennis, bowling, golf, boxing, I've never tried the boxing. There are all sorts of games for it. Walmart, Target, Electronic Stores carry them. Games Stop (a store) is kinda cool because you can buy used games fairly cheap and they will buy back games you don't like.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
(female)

mary2 HB User

Thanks for the info on Wii. I am curious how you find it for your recovery. Hope you are able to share if you find it helpful or not. I hope you enjoy it.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:10 AM   #8
(male)

Redshift HB User

Hi there,

I have had a Wii with Wii fit for quite a while and I love it as you can always stop when you want, and the weather doesn't matter :-0

My family think its great to beat my records of which I now hold only a couple for balance exercises.

My grandson has several games for it but he is football mad at the moment and so we spend more time outside, weather permitting.

Enjoy it but don't try rushing all the exercises as I tend not to do the body strengthening due to Arthritis.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:43 PM   #9
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

I get my Wii back Thursday/Today. I'm very excited. I only tried two balance games (soccer and marble) so I'm open to suggestions for improvement.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #10
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

ok so Update:
I've unpacked my Wii and started up Wii Fit. This message will be short because I'm taking a break from it. I've already played 20 minutes today and I hope to do 30 minutes a day on it. I have been focusing on the yoga and balance games. However I have tried the aerobics for the basic step ativity and that has been tricky, yet helpful. It actually reminds me of DDR. As I progress I hope to add more aerobic activities and then once I get my mojo back work towards my strength training. So far so good because I haven't fallen over. Well...there's still ten more minutes to go.

Closed Thread