It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
(female)

Sati Awi HB User
Multiple foot issues, too much pain

Hi, I'm new here and am wondering if anyone has heard of Oseo Edema of the Navicular Bone in the ankle/foot? It's not the infamous Accessory Navicular, this is not an extra protrusion or extra bone of any kind, so I'm not interested in having it removed, of course. It's the regular bone but has been diagnosed with Oseo Edema (swelling of the bone). Supposedly this is very serious, and I believe it because it's very painful.
I also have a big bunyon on the same foot, but ever since an injection years ago it really isn't painful too much anymore but is still a big bone, and my question is, by having never corrected the bunyon, have I set up a bad balance in the toes, and distal area of my foot? My MD says they are not related, but if a bunyon has drastically altered how the toes relate to each other, alignment wise, wouldn't or couldn't that create neuromas?
There are two areas with neuroma's (same foot) as well. I limp all the time. When I take a dance class, fitness, walk on the beach, run, anything where I'm rolling through the foot and having to be on metatarsals, my toes go numb... but painfully so.
The arch hurts, and both feet have fallen arches. I used to dance professionally, and loved running, especially with my dog so this limits all of that drastically. Lifestyle-wise, I'm much more sedate (and depressed due to it) than ever before, I'd love to literally get back on my feet. Have added biking and swimming, but it's not the same thing as running or dancing.
But I'm trying to do so without surgery, and without too many more injections. I like my MD a lot, he's a runner and really knows what this is about and tries to get his patients back on their feet quickly, without surgery if at all possible. So we are exploring a bunch of things.
With the extensive amount of PhysicalTherapy I've had over the years (different body issues and injuries...etc.) I figure I know enough about my body to experiment with ways of keeping my feet active; and I include the advice and program my PT and MD gives me, so I"m compliant... but keeping my feet in solid shoes is a big drag and a half. Yet... doing the walking barefoot on the beach hurts too much, so I stopped that, keeping ones shoes on at the beach, yucko.
I don't see solid shoes with lifts in them (and I've tried orthotics in the past as well, drive me crazy berzerk orthotics), I don't see either making that much of a difference in the pain, or the zinging, or the numbing out of toes. So, I keep on exploring various ways of working with balls and lifts while barefoot, in attempts to retrain my ankle and foot to not be so fallen, perhaps I can keep it supported enough to delay arthritis, and maybe hopefully relift it? Is that possible?
Anyone hear of this issue, swelling of the navicular bone? when I google searched it, the only thing comming up is for Equine!!! Horses get it. Great. I have a disease for horses. At least it's not the pig flu.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
(female)

Biccy HB User
Re: Multiple foot issues, too much pain

I have an extra bone in my foot that has replaced a bone in my foot that is suposto be holding up my leg. It pushes down my arch and causes me a great deal of pain, it canot be removed. I have to trudge around in giant authotics for the rest of my life.

Closed Thread