It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User
Talking Something to Look Forward to in recovery

Hello Fellow Foot Friends!!!!

So I have had a busy busy weekend-----My boyfriends birthday was Saturday--and I wanted to show him appreciation for everything he has done to take care of me the last few months and we went out to eat with friends and then back to our house for cake and ice cream cake too (his Dad's birthday was today, and we got him a cake too)----and let me just tell you how I swelled! I was very busy Friday -- had a friend help me run errands and try to do stuff for his birthday----I was on my feet more than I had been since I started walking---which was just last Tuesday---and the P/T warned me it would swell more now---but I just had no idea how much!

But Saturday night----when we were all gathered for what I thought was to eat the cake that I had bought my B/F for his birthday---he pulled a switcheroo on me---and replaced the cake I bought him, with a cake with pink roses, and a diamond ring----and asked me to marry him So I now have a gorgeous diamond ring----and I can now look forward to getting this foot better, b/c I have to walk down the aisle!!!!!!!! with NO boot and NO crutches!!! and without a LIMP!!!!!!!

SO with all the excitement of the weekend and making the rounds to tell people, I have swelled up pretty good----and am relaxing today, trying to eleviate some of this swelling. Now I want to be "cured"---NOW!!!!! I have stuff to do---plans to make----and I can't do it on crutches!!!! AGGGHH

So anyway---- hope everyone else is enjoying the holiday----WorldWalker---hope your trip went well!!!! Let me know how you all are feeling---
and one more thing---HATE the boot and the heat!!!! YUCK!! but otherwise---I could NOT be happier these days!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

emmie54 HB Useremmie54 HB User
Re: Something to Look Forward to in recovery

tracie, that's awesome! Congratulations! Have you set the date?

Old 05-25-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

Thanks Emmie!

No, no date----just trying to process the whole thing right now---not to mention trying to figure out when I will be able to walk without a boot and all that good stuff---especially without the crutches and everything!!! I keep thinking of all the stuff I want to do, and go look at and all of that stuff---but I am not quite at that stage yet----I can barely go to a store on my own right now!

But SOON I am going to get there!!! I have things to do!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User

congratulations! elevate the foot!!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
(female)

WorldWalker HB User

I'm so happy for you!! He's already supporting you as you recover and that's all I know but I take that it as a good sign knowing how ugly this has been at times! I give you my best wishes and positive thoughts!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:13 PM   #6
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

Thanks again everyone----we have been together 8 years and been through 2 foot surgeries so far---and he knows the Triple A is a good possibility for me too eventually----and he hasn't put me out on the street yet!!

I saw the doctor today----and gave him the news and told him my goal is to wear the wedding dress, shoes, and walk down the aisle unaided and without a limp-----and i kind of said so do you think I could do that by March 2010....or more like October 2010? and he said honestly------if you want to guarantee that you can do all of that---and enjoy your honeymoon----lets go with October 2010----so thats what I am thinking right now.......

On other notes---he said that my foot still looks great----continue P/T 3 days a week.......very pleased with the heel------still no walking on the foot withOUT the boot------he said crutches again are up to me----I can ease off of them at my pace-----he said of course, if I get to 1, and its too painful, ease off, and wait a few more days----but he is not picky about that.

I need to go get casted for my Arizona brace---I keep forgetting about that! and thats parts of the whole wedding process too----I am NOT wearing that ugly brace (have you guys ever seen them??) under my wedding dress----maybe for dacing---but NOT otherwise-----I wanna be a NORMAL bride!!!!

SO there is my update----for those following, this is 11 weeks, 5 days post op!!

Hope everyone is well!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 04:21 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Tracie WOW, Congrads on the diamond ring. Sounds like things are going really well for you. He's gota be a catch if he's stayed through all you've been thru in the last couple of weeks. You got really good news from the doc too. Keep up all the good healing and your wedding day will be as beautiful as you imagine.>>>>>.

Closed Thread