It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 10:56 PM   #1
(female)

graces23 HB User
Weird toe problem

I've had this weird problem for about 12 years now, since I was about 18, and it's never been diagnosed, and is lately becoming worse.

All was fine until I stepped off a train onto the platform one day when I was about 18. I didn't step weirdly or fall or anything, but my 3rd or 4th toe on my left foot just got this sudden shot of searing pain through it, so bad I almost collapsed and had to immediately take all my weight off that foot.

For the next few days I couldn't put weight on that side of my foot. This made my foot ache quite a bit from walking and standing on it all twisted, and with all the weight on the big toe-side of the foot. But if ever I forgot and accidentally stood or went to walk normally, I'd be on the floor in absolute agony from this toe.

It went away after a few days, and gradually faded into a sort of...less pain, more weird half numbness/half tingling sensation in the toe until it disappeared altogether and I was fine again.

It generally would come for no reason I could figure out a few times a year...but lately it's been much more often, and in fact, fairly constant over the past 2 years or so.

It's nowhere near as bad, and I can walk almost normally on the foot sometimes, but always is this feeling of mild pain and weirdness in the same 3rd or 4th toe...I've never been able to figure out which one it is, since it never hurts when I touch it, twist the toes, press down on the toes or push them from below with my hand, flex them, etc. Only when I put weight on them to walk or stand.

I'm around 125 pounds so am not overweight or anything. I can't wear enclosed shoes anymore though because of this, as it's so much easier to walk with my toes free and open and with enclosed shoes, I find the higher side parts of the shoe mean the affected toe is touching the shoe all the time and it tends to hurt more and be harder to walk normally without anything putting weight on that area of my foot.

Any help? I went to a podiatrist but they found nothing and had no suggestions, grr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Weird toe problem

I'd try a foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon rather than a podiatrist.

Closed Thread