It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2009, 11:07 PM   #1
(female)

graces23 HB User
How to make these shoes fit?

Pretty much all the enclosed shoes I buy (everything but sandals with open toes) I find uncomfortable.

They're almost always too big for my feet, but half sizes don't exist most of the time unfortunately, and even if they did, one of my feet is a size 7 and the other is almost an 8, so almost a full size bigger. People don't look kindly on selling 2 different sized shoes! lol

Anyway, I have some shoes that are a bit too big, and I'm trying to work out which insole might be best, and if this is the answer at all. (the smaller sizes for these shoes were way too small and killed/squashed my toes)

My main issue is my toes. The little toe on my left foot (the smaller foot) ALWAYS gets squashed by shoes.

Also, both my big toes are significantly longer than all my other toes so I have to always buy shoes long enough to accommodate them, but in doing so, what happens is the shoes tend to be too big for my feet in general and rub up and down at the heel to the extent that my feet actually come OUT of the shoe almost completely when I walk. I can't walk like this obviously so I can't wear the shoes.

I've tried the heel grip things, but they do nothing. The shoes are too big for them to work.

I've tried heel inserts and while the shoes no longer moved as much at the heel, what happened is the heel inserts added height in the shoe and thus pushed my feet up in the shoe and so whenever I walked, it was as if my foot was already halfway out of the shoe and my heels lifted out at every step. SO uncomfortable!

I've tried normal insoles that go the length of the shoe, these do nothing.

I've tried wearing 2 pairs of socks. This DOES work BUT it also causes my toes to feel suffocated and sore. I can't flex my toes properly when wearing 2 pairs of socks cause they're too "bound" so to speak. I've even tried wearing 2 pairs of socks with 1 pair having the toe part cut out, which helped a bit, but still my feet felt too...cramped.

Any suggestions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
(female)

Anna1959 HB User
Re: How to make these shoes fit?

Hi there,
It sounds like you need to see a podiatrist. If your feet are that off you may need to get shoes made special for you. I can not think of a single thing sold in stores that would help the problem you have. I have bad feet and I have to search like crazy for shoes that fit well also. Unfortunetly they can be very pricy. My boots for riding are just under $200.00. So I treat them as kindly as I can. I cant wear just any tennis shoe either. I have to wear a certain style of K Swiss sneakers. ACK! Bad feet suck, but hang in there and see a doctor about it, thats what I did, and I noticed I dont have leg and back pain as much as I use too.

I hope you find some relief!
Keep us posted!
Anna1959

Old 05-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

debbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB Userdebbie g HB User
Re: How to make these shoes fit?

keep looking for half sizes and see a dr.

Closed Thread