It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
(female)

Trelo HB User
Help to find a Bunion doctor in Toronto

I am looking to find a Doctor for my mom. She has asked her doctor and her doc is no help what so ever. She is in so much pain and can hardly wear any of her shoes. She would like to get the Bunion Surgery done but needs to be pointed in the right direction. If anyone knows of any doctors in Toronto, Scarborough, East or North York please let me know. Names and numbers would be great.

Thanks in advance

Old 06-01-2009, 09:26 AM   #2
(female)

summerluvr HB User
Re: Help to find a Bunion doctor in Toronto

I had surgery at Toronto Western Hospital. Dr. Syed is the surgeon who did my bunion. I believe your family doctor refers you to the orthopedic department and they assign you to a Doctor. I had originally got the name of Dr. Lau (sp?) but when my doctor faxed the form I was assigned to Dr. Syed. I don't know the phone number, but check on the University Health Network website.

I had a moderate/severe bunion correction exactly one year ago, and as of today I am fully pretty much fully healed, (only have minimal pain on rainy days, or if I wear the wrong shoes). It was day surgery, and weight bearing immediately afterward (though I was on crutches for several weeks but could put my foot down and walk on it) It was a long haul though, I'm not going to lie. I spent my whole summer with my foot elevated last year, and could only wear crocs for months. I am about to go back and get the second foot done, so It wasn't that horrific of an experience. LOL

getting it done in fall though so I don't miss my summer again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
(female)

Trelo HB User

Thanks Summerluvr, I will look into that for my mom )

Old 06-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #4
(female)

creative2 HB User

Dr. Tim Daniels at St. Michael's Hospital is very good.
Also Dr. English in Scarborough.

Closed Thread