It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 AM   #1
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User
Weird development---Any Input Appreciated

Hello foot friends-----this is weird---do feel free to laugh

I have noticed in the last week, that every time I cough or sneeze, it goes straight through my body, through my body to my foot/ankle, and sends shooting "zapping" pains through my ankle-------What is that????? It will cause me to yell out---and there is one more issue-----

There is a circle on top of my foot that has developed over the last week also---its like a hump and the more swollen i get, the bigger it gets---it doesnt really hurt----but what the heck is it?????

Anybody have any ideas???? Am i just a freak of nature like sometimes these foot issues make us feel???

I have had a busy week, and this week is going to be 3times worse than the past week, so I am dreading it---I have places to go every single day---and its all doctor's appointments and physical therapy----plus I have a training class on Friday and Saturday, so i have to go into the office which is hard enough---working from home has been a god send----so i guess 2 days wont kill me----though I may feel like I have been run over by a truck!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User
Re: Weird development---Any Input Appreciated

Have you been doing extra strengthening for the ankel? Sometimes t=if you over do these muscles and tendons they can let you know but other weird things. I hate to admit it but it must run with a foot thing, I had them only when I orverdid, which was always. Sneezing hard for me would do it. Check it out with PT. Now the extra thingy on top of the foot is there fluid in it, or discolored? Watch it carefully. Let us know what turns up. Take it a little slower, your foot deserves it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #3
(female)

Tracie1204 HB User

Hey Walleye-----I guess its very possible it could be overdoing it---but I would feel like saying the "overdoing" it---has to be from P/T-----but I wonder---how do I tell the P/T I think its her fault?? I mean-----she has me doing some pretty heavy stuff now-----but I dont know, is it REALLY too much?? or is it really what i am supposed to be able to do now???? I DO see my doctor Wednesday====so i plan on talking to him------ I just dont know------this whole process is SOOOO weird-----not to mention---i have had a REALLLLLLLLLLYYYYY crabby week!!! I have bitten off quite a few heads---and I feel bad-----and I always apologize------and I know everyone knows I am just frustrated----2.5 years in this boot and 2 surgeries------plus P/T-----I am just done------more so than ever now.. and now with this "hump" thing putting fears into me that something is wrong---
and as far as it goes----no, it doesnt SEEM to have fluid--but it is "soft"---its more noticable when I am swollen.....

I wish i could cut out some of the stuff I have going on this week, but I dont think I can----i would LOVE to skip this class---but as an auditor, I HAVE To attend----and I do want to knock it out of the way.......but its going to be miserable----I have to be at work 7:30-5 friday, which means up buy 5:30, then saturday i have to be at work 7am-3pm!!! ON A SATURday!!! UUUURRRGGGHHH so that means still up by 5:30--the only saving grace is that I wont have to fight traffic.

sorry--I think I went off on a tangent!!! I will keep you posted!!!

Old 06-14-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

walleye77 HB User

Glad to hear you have a doc's appt. I hear you on the crabby week, hell I had a crabby 1/2 day for me its pain that sets me off and I hate to give in so I chew at the one I love. I had to call him at the grocery store today to apolize and to remind him I just had surgery on Friday so I am maybe just alittle testy and he should know by now the signs of when its going to happen. See I can turn it and make it his fault. Makes me feel better, Ha Ha..... He knows I don't mean it. I love the look on outsiders faces when I've hit that point we become aliens.
You can let pt know if you think its to much. You know your body. Tell them no and you'll try at a later time.

Closed Thread