It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
(male)

NeuropathicGuy HB User
Painless fluid-filled lump in one foot?

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a diagnosis for a mystery illness for a few months. Primary symptoms are peripheral neuropathy, generalized itching (without rash), costochondritis, back pain, and transient aches and pains throughout my body. So far I've been approaching it from a mostly neurological angle.

However today I noticed that I have a lump on one foot. Well, to be perfectly clear, I have the lump on both feet, but it's considerably larger on one foot. It appears to be a fluid-filled round area on the top outer side of the foot. It's painless and the skin color doesn't look any different from the surrounding skin.

Does anyone know what that is? Is it a lymph node?

Thanks a lot for any information.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-01-2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
(male)

NeuropathicGuy HB User
Re: Painless fluid-filled lump in one foot?

Ok I just found this picture of something called a ganglion cyst that looks similar to what I've got.

My lump is in a similar location but doesn't protrude as much as that one. It's also soft and painless, not hard. Is what I've described consistent with a ganglion cyst?

If so, you don't suppose it could have any relationship with the other systemic symptoms I'm experiencing, do you? I don't feel the lump at all, the only reason I noticed it is because I was having some peripheral neuropathy and decided to examine my feet.

Last edited by moderator2; 07-01-2009 at 07:34 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread