It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Foot & Ankle Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2009, 09:54 PM   #1
(female)

jshu43 HB User
Tarsal Tunnel surgery advice needed

I am having my third surgery on my foot in the last year. The first surgery was because of scar tissue in my heel. The surgeon cut across my heel and made a mess of it. I had tons of scar tissue and pain and could barely walk. Went to another doctor and he performed surgery and cleaned up the scar, took out a nerve, and finished the plantar fasciatis & bone spur removal that the first surgeon didn't finish.

But I still have a lot of pain. I have an electrical shock thing along the path of the first scar going across my heel. I also have a pain that feels like I am stepping on a sharp edge - on the curvature of the heel. I have a cuboid bone that is continually getting out of joint on the other side of my foot. My doctor said it was from compensation from the pain. He said that if I don't do the Tarsal Tunnel surgery that the bone will soon not be able to be put back in place and further nerve damage will result. He said he will be taking out another nerve as well.

I do trust my second doctor a lot. He got me walking and has taken care of all kinds of foot problems that have developed. But I am dreading a third surgery.

Does anyone have any feedback? My doctor said I would be in a splint for about 12 days and then in a cast for 6 weeks. How much pain is involved? My last surgery was scary as for several weeks there was a nerve that couldn't even be touched or I would jump through the roof. I've already lost one nerve in my foot and will be losing at least another. Will that cause any problems?

My feet hurt so badly right now, I can't imagine going through life like this. If I am on my feet more than an hour I will be miserable for days. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread